Anyone feel different on the internet?

Namutree

I communicate over the internet because meeting me in RL would overwhelm you. The shining light radiating from me might blind you, the awesome aura of my presence would force you to your knees in reverence. You could do nothing but be lost in my magnificence, becoming my faithful servant forever.

* YOU ARE A WRONGULARITY FROM WHICH NO RIGHT CAN ESCAPE! *

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!

I'm an **** in both real life and the internet. I just hide it better in real life to avoid drama.

Typical Canadian.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

:mellow:

Well... I'm not quite sure how to say this... but I don't remember the last time masturbated without internet pr0n. So... I guess I **** more while I'm on the 'net. So that's definitely different feeling.

Not that I'm masturbating now or anything, because I'm not.

:mellow:

• Like 1

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I'm way more aggressive and angry in the Internet than I'm in real life, I think its partly because people tend to show much less respect and display an annoying amount of unnecessary cynicism everywhere compared to real life conversations, also lack of body language is bad too.

If people behaved like that in face to face conversations it would end in smashed faces in 8 from 10 cases.

I vastly prefer face to face chats over telephone calls or discussions in forums, those are more productive and usually people don't end up calling each other scumbags and whatnot. When I visit a forum I'm already expecting to see trolls, stupid crap and generally rude individuals so I'm pissed off right away. 

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

I communicate over the internet because meeting me in RL would overwhelm you. The shining light radiating from me might blind you, the awesome aura of my presence would force you to your knees in reverence. You could do nothing but be lost in my magnificence, becoming my faithful servant forever.

Impressive.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Just an FYI. Your favourite son will betray you.

• Like 3

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

DAMMIT MAGNUS!

I TOLD YOU NOT TO CALL ON THIS LINE!!

You really messed up my groove...among other things.

Hold on, I'm sending your brother over. The one you called a "wolf-obsessed barbarian". He wants a word with you.

Edited by TrashMan

* YOU ARE A WRONGULARITY FROM WHICH NO RIGHT CAN ESCAPE! *

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!

Win.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I smell nicer in real life.

What do you smell like on the internet?

I can say, without hyperbole, that you really don't want to know.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't go by Guard Dog in real life. Other than that what you see here is what you get there.

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I don't go by Guard Dog in real life. Other than that what you see here is what you get there.

It's so nice sometimes meeting people that, regardless how many things you have the same or different views on, would still like to meet and have a beer or 3 with :p

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

It's so nice sometimes meeting people that, regardless how many things you have the same or different views on, would still like to meet and have a beer or 3 with :p

Likewise brother! You've seen a lot of the world, I know you've got stories to tell.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Real life = Super nice

Internet = Very blunt

I cannot stomache upsetting people. I'm just not good at it, so when someone's ****ing up, I tend to not say a word. If you wanna know when I'm criticizing you, it's when I'm not speaking and answering with "mmmhmm" and trying to avoid eye contact. (cause I'm also a bad liar)

But I've always had respect for people that speak their minds. Which is nicer: lying to a friend about their terrible singing or telling them the brutally honest truth about how bad it is? I'm a big fan of the truth, I just can't handle upsetting people very well.

Here though, this is the internet. I'm both shielded from their reactions and I assume people are like me and don't take things people on the internet say to heart. Thus, I speak my mind and I'm incredibly straightforward.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

• 3 weeks later...

I know this thread is a little old but it's interesting and I wasn't here so ...

Face to face I tend to use a lot more casual expletives and I'm usually ... semi-laconic?...not long-winded. I have occasional bursts of semi-hyper chattiness, but it's not common. Probably give off an air of being constantly mentally distracted. I'm not shy but I'm not quick of witticism and often just have "nothing to that needs to be said."

On the internet, I tend to be long-winded and a bit more chatty. For some reason typing means I completely lose the ability to be concise. And I'm much more formal/cuss almost never, in text. That would be the biggest difference. My cousin-in-law once wrote me an email and when I replied, said I sounded/acted very different in that format to what she was used to in-person. :cat:

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts