Sensuki's Pillars of Eternity Feature Wishlist

Sensuki

In light of this post by Josh Sawyer, I thought I'd make a feature wishlist just in case any of these things haven't yet been considered for the list of "found work" for the remainder of PE development. Most of the things I point out are relatively minor, but some aren't.

Covered sections: Character Creation, Art, Graphics, Areas, UI, Combat, General Mechanics, Character Advancement, Narrative, Animations & FX, Skills, Controls, Enchantment, Bestiary, Sound

Word doc with jotted down points

Probably forgot a few things, but I'll cover those in later videos anyway.

Background music is Nest - Trail of the Unwary

• Like 9

Great list. However, just for ease of reference, post that list into the forum directly, instead of having it in a dropboxed Word-doc, some of our systems react to that intrusion. All we want is a good read, if we don't have the time to watch your vid in its entirety. :)

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

It was 6am my time when I finished it, I just pasted the link and went to bed.

I should have also probably mentioned in the OP that MoonWolf and swordofthesith contributed to the list, but I did mention that at the start of the video.

Forgot per character stealth and Line of Sight Fog of War, but I suppose those are obvious anyway.

They are to us, but unfortunately they may not be to Obsidian based on what we have seen and heard so far... :unsure:

I can actually live with the full-party stealth, it's just a little awkward. But Fog of War that fails to hide what's behind solid walls and locked doors, is just terrible.

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

@Messier-31, In the word document mate, link is in the OP.

I can actually live with the full-party stealth, it's just a little awkward. But Fog of War that fails to hide what's behind solid walls and locked doors, is just terrible.

Both have been acknowledged by the devs (Josh has spoken about per-character stealth being difficult to implement and Adam has spoken about Fog of War and how it didn't work out how he had planned).

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 3