Obsidian and Backers appreciation thread

ctn2003

This is a big thanks for the guys at OE for listing to the backers.  their new Ip is shaping up to be one of the best rpgs ever, (by tha way i love pc gamers POE front cover very nice)

But of course i wanna thnak EVERYBODY as well for their generosity backing so mutch - (meaning all of you that gave me a like or replayed to to threads (the few good ones) it means a lot to me.

• Like 1

But of course i wanna thnak EVERYBODY as well for their generosity backing so mutch - (meaning all of you that gave me a like or replayed to to threads (the few good ones) it means a lot to me.

Your thread didn't get them to delay.

• Like 1

GOOD regarless im happy they wanted to make it better and diddet realise it anyways like many others.

They realized it, that's why they delayed it.

EDIT: I'm sure Obsidian loves how you keep insisting that you're the only one that know how to make their game.

Edited by Bryy
  • Like 1

Thats what i said - they seen it and want to make it the best.  this is good news. others would just release it anyways. ^_^ and i never was insisting that im the only one that knows how to make their game. 

Look, I know I can be a bit snarky, but honestly the best thing you can do is test the beta and write in the Beta Bugs & Support thread. If you really want Obsidian to respond to you (especially positively), that is the best way to communicate directly to the devs.

I know the "correct the guy when you think you KNOW hes wrong" urge is strong on the internet and loves to be acompained by sarcasm, but why are you nerds still arguing?

Anywho, the best way to show Obsidian your apreciation is to document as well as you can any bugs you find and discuss any changes here on the forum.

• Like 2

Look, I know I can be a bit snarky, but honestly the best thing you can do is test the beta and write in the Beta Bugs & Support thread. If you really want Obsidian to respond to you (especially positively), that is the best way to communicate directly to the devs.

You could also take your own advice, as most of your recent posts have been pretty much putting other people down.

• Like 3

You live and you learn ctn2003 ;)

I am also thankful that OE is listening to us but also able to filter what they can take. I wouldnt want everything on these forums added into the game because someone wants it this way or that. I backed them so they could make their vision into a videogame and i want them to listen to us when we give advice on how to make their vision better and im thankful they remain focused on their vision and have accepted our advice in places.

@ctn2003 Ignore the hate. I do not get on the forums much, but I appreciate you guys that take the time to be active here. It's nice to see a thread that attempted to be polite and grateful.

I, too, would like to echo my sentiment of gratitude to the devs for listening to our wants and concerns. Having only played a little of v301 I noticed how much the devs addressed our feedback. That is with just one update. There is clearly a lot of love going into this game. This is the most money I ever put into a game before, and I feel as though the devs respect how we all contributed by how they have treated us thus far. 

Yes, the best thing we can do for the devs is play, give feedback on bugs and game play from a development standpoint, but a "Thanks for your hard and continuing work" thread is more than appropriate.

@ctn2003,

You may not have meant for it to come across that way, but it's just kind of rude to imply that the dev team doesn't care about their own game is all (or cares more about releasing it as fast as possible than about doing it right, etc.). It's our job to point out our concerns with the current state of the game and its design, and provide useful feedback about the beta build, etc. Not to suggest that they just don't even know how much they can do in a given amount of time, or how much they even have left to do, etc.

That's the main reason people respond with "hostility" (even though some of it is actual hostility and is uncalled for -- I'm not denying that.) There are plenty of positive ways to voice concern without implying that the dev team is neglectful or incompetent. It also doesn't mean that pointing that out means "I love the devs more than anything ever, and they can do no wrong!" It's just common respect.

Anywho, we are all glad that they didn't feel the need to hold themselves to a deadline that was becoming increasingly taxing to meet. It's good for them AND the game.

Edited by Lephys

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

This is weird i though my -rush this game thread was a huge mistake - but i guess i made a even bigger mistake with this thread - people see to take it the wrong way

I was just making a joke pal.  I know you are committed to making this game great, I see you making constructive feedback.

Edited by Valmy
  • Like 1

it's just kind of rude to imply that the dev team doesn't care about their own game is all

There was no rudeness. Just concern from the OP. It would be good to give our support to Obsidian since this is an appreciation thread for Obsidian and the backers. No need to go into details concerning the other thread. Lets show support for Obsidian and keep the rest out of this thread.