Pillars of Eternity Delayed

Ward

That Stasis looks pretty snappy.  The wife will actually play the odd adventure game with me and, surprise surprise surprise, she actually likes horror games.  I might have to look into purchasing that one also.

• Like 1

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

The fact it's an adventure game kinda ruins it.. I always got bored playing Sanitarium.. Even though it's such an atmospheric trip.. even by today's standards.. I like combat mechanics and progression..

• Like 1

From George Ziets @ http://new.spring.me/#!/user/GZiets/timeline/responses

Didn’t like the fact that I don’t get XP for combat. While this does put more emphasis on solving quests, the lack of rewards for killing creatures makes me want to avoid combat (the core activity of the game) as much as I can.

Any sandbox enthusiasts might want to check out Life Is Feudal (simultaneously terrible and amazing name) on Steam. It's in pretty early access right now, but it definitely looks like it COULD be very interesting.

Just thought I'd share here, as something to pass the time, since PoE is delayed, :)

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Well, I don't know if that's:

A) because it's a sandbox game, like Minecraft (which is boring if you don't have a goal for yourself and/or enjoy sandbox games -- which, I really think sandbox games should provide enough of a goal, on their own, to make things not boring), OR

B) because it's currently at like version .2 out of 1.0, OR

C) None of the above.

The game looks very mechanically interesting. Boringness could always be cured. Whether it is or not... only time will tell, I guess.

But, I wasn't suggesting picking the game up yet. I just thought there were people here who'd find it quite interesting in design, if they hadn't seen it already. I only discovered it yesterday, but I'm pretty much the last to know anything, heh.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Any sandbox enthusiasts might want to check out Life Is Feudal (simultaneously terrible and amazing name) on Steam. It's in pretty early access right now, but it definitely looks like it COULD be very interesting.

Just thought I'd share here, as something to pass the time, since PoE is delayed, :)

Or maybe play a real game like Wasteland 2

The game does look really good.. those environments are tight.. but with first person games coming so far.. I don't see Isometric really being a good medium for doing "Atmospheric Horror" genre..

It just doesn't really hit the mark that well.. If that game was a Tormentish type game with emphasis on story.. That would be great.

• Like 1

From George Ziets @ http://new.spring.me/#!/user/GZiets/timeline/responses

Didn’t like the fact that I don’t get XP for combat. While this does put more emphasis on solving quests, the lack of rewards for killing creatures makes me want to avoid combat (the core activity of the game) as much as I can.

Glad to hear it. I would rather devs take time to get this done right. Been playing the Beta and it is fun and there is a lot to look forward to, but there are also some issues that really need some attention. Kudos guys. Take your time and release that much more polished product!

Or maybe check out upcoming game projects if you're interested in them.

Ahh, the power of "or." :)

Unless you only have one in the water... ;)

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

... I'm missing something here, o_o... *be's blond*

One oar in the water, a couple bubbles off plum, a sandwich or two short of a picnic, a couple bricks short of a load.... :p

• Like 2

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

One oar in the water, a couple bubbles off plum, a sandwich or two short of a picnic, a couple bricks short of a load.... :p

One foot on shore one in the sea.