Pillars of Eternity Delayed

Ward

Paradox Interactive announces Pillars of Eternity is now expected in early 2015, a delay from previous plans to release Obsidian's RPG by the end of this year. Here's the explanation:

Obsidian Entertainment and Paradox Interactive announced today that the highly anticipated fantasy role-playing game Pillars of Eternity, originally scheduled for release in late 2014, has been delayed until early 2015.

Feedback through the beta process from those who backed Pillars of Eternity on Kickstarter has been extremely helpful. The development team are listening to the feedback and are incorporating changes to ensure fans absolutely get the best game possible. This short delay will allow Obsidian to produce the quality of game that they can be rightly proud of.

"Since the very beginning of this project we promised our fans and ourselves that we would release this game only when we knew it would be absolutely ready for the best experience possible. We're very close to that point, but not quite there yet. The feedback we have received through our playtest process has been invaluable to us. We are coming into the home stretch but are pushing the release out just a bit to make sure we honor that promise we made originally. Thanks for your patience and support, it will be worth the wait." – Feargus Urquhart, CEO Obsidian.

Both Obsidian and Paradox are aware of the anticipation the thousands of people who donated to the Pillars of Eternity Kickstarter campaign have, many of whom have been clamoring for a game in the style of classic role-playing games for years. And, rest assured, no one is more anxious for the completion and release of this game than we are. However, we are excited to get the extra time to incorporate the feedback and add additional polish.

Your enthusiasm and support has been energizing for everyone and we're just as excited as you are for this game to come out and kick this new renaissance of classic style CRPG's into high gear!

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/content.php?1996-Pillars-of-Eternity-Delayed

Edited by Ward
  • Like 3

I suppose it's good news. Still I have to alter my prediction score:

Me: 2 -1 penalty 

Nostradamus: still 0.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Right, exactly, imagine a developer death march through the holidays. No one wants that. I don't want to force good people to suffer. Enjoy the winter break. Come back with fresh eyes and new energy, please.

Except in their original plans they would have released before holiday and now they are probably going to be crunching through them.

As someone who was too young to appreciate the old IE games I'm dead excited for this game. So, I hope OE take as much time as is necessary to allow me to experience what most of you  guys did 10+ years ago.

Keep up the good work.

Get BGEE and BG2EE and you can still enjoy them. 

• Like 1

It's hard to enjoy them as much as we did when they were released. I'm playing BGEE right now and I must admit that the super blurry terrain image makes me love the whole PoE crpg resurgence a lot.

Edited by Uomoz

1669_planescape_torment-prev.png

That's BGEE's fault not Baldur's Gate. They blurred the terrain intentionally because it looks bad when zoomed in.

Vanilla BG1 looks GLORIOUS in 640x480 @160Hz on my 22" CRT monitor, absolutely glorious.

Well they did not change a lot of graphic stuff that is just as jarring for nowadays standards, like the character models. 

EDIT: gotta admit, watching a 640x480 screenshot, they do look ok at that resolution. Some of the map props do look very bad though.

baldurs-gate-4.png

Edited by Uomoz

1669_planescape_torment-prev.png

Yeah that one tree model has some brightness issues. They took the base tree and edited the color of it but it looks pretty crap hahah.

Still the low fidelity doesn't bother me in the slightest because the art is good - and that's why I am REALLY looking forward to Serpent in the Staglands

Serpent-in-the-Staglands-01.jpg

s420.gif

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 2