Delayed to early 2015

All right. Well, it happens. Keep up the transparency, Obsidian, and forgiveness is easy. :) Bugs don't follow schedules, moreover.

I'll end up trying Divinity:OS at some point because I hear good things about it, so I can get that out of the way while waiting!

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

How about just animations on the level of games made over 10 years ago, even that would be a huge improvement.

They screwed up and they know it, at least that's a good sign.

You mean games made 10 years ago using only Kickstarter funding, or games made 10 years ago with 100-person dev teams and publisher funding?

They know that they need more time. Doesn't mean they've "screwed up." Or, if it does, then a thousand screw-ups were already accounted for in the plan to tweak the game until it was finished. However you want to look at it.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I'm so relieved that Obsidian chose to do this. It allows for the game to be improved based on the beta feedback for the backers, but also importantly, allows the game a higher level of polish which will give it better review scores and consequent sales on release. Hopefully this investment of time will allow the game to become the franchise that most of us wish it to be.

• Like 3

Guess i'll be dusting off BG and BG2 to scratch that cRPG itch.

Try Wakfu, best turn based combat ever made with so many classes, builds, great story, detailed animations(in combat), unique eco system. I like the Rogue, Feca's Shield and Foggernaut the best.

But be careful, the game is a time vampyre; you'll get lost in all the intricacies of combat, equipment, spells, passives, abilities...it's definitely a thinking man's game.

Psh, buying new games is for people with money :-P

I'm so relieved that Obsidian chose to do this. It allows for the game to be improved based on the beta feedback for the backers, but also importantly, allows the game a higher level of polish which will give it better review scores and consequent sales on release. Hopefully this investment of time will allow the game to become the franchise that most of us wish it to be.

Yeah, I agree 100%. They should take advantage of this luxury of not having a publisher breathing down their necks. Us demanding backers and beta testers are exhausting enough.

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I'm ok. With it got a lot of games to keep me busy this year.Im having fun with lord of the rings.civs new game at the end of the month and dragon age 3 next month. Also the crew and drive club plus destiny.

Take your time obsidian make the best game you can.So the none believers can't talk crap..

I kinda hope for the developers that this doesn't mean an extra two months or so of crunch time.

Crunch time is terrible if lasts longer than a couple of weeks.

I'd accept another 1-2 month delay just for that.

Maybe I'm a softie.

As for funding? Well, they do have a publisher now. Maybe Paradox is willing to foot the bill for a few months of development by a small team just to get a better product. Or, you know, a slightly bigger cut of sales revenue. 's Not that hard.

Edited by Ark Evensong

Considering the legacy Obsidian is trying to shake, I would say good call.

Does anyone here think PoE could have made it out of beta before December?

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Sensible decision. It clearly was not ready for a late-2014 release. I think there is a good game here but what I've seen of it so far has been so rough. I think it will benefit from some extra months polish. I'd rather a developer took their time to get it right then rush it out and have it disappoint many.

• Like 2

It is good news in that sense that they have more time to polish the game. Otherwise I feel that this is somewhat bad news, as their release window moves to less optimal place, although there is always possibility that silence of beginning of year will bring more customers for smaller tittle like PoE than what Christmas spending rush. And this also means that expansion will be delayed and is even more depended on  sales of PoE. But there is always hope that everything happens for reason.

With release pushed back so much, I hope that they add couple more areas in backer beta, so that it don't start to taste like ashes before we get final version in our hands.

• Like 3

NooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo!!!

7NomsYT.gif

On a serious note, take all the time you need.  Just do me a favor, don't release it at the same time as The Witcher 3.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

So all you people who made wagers... what exactly did you wager? :p

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

the release date being pushed back surprises us not at all. the only surprise is just how tenaciously the obsidians were holding onto 2014. we expected this announcement long ago. 

this is good news for Gromnir, and not simply 'cause we were guessing correct that release would be delayed. PoE is envisioned as the first game in a new franchise. far more important than squeezing every farthing and shilling out o' the kickstarter is making a game that demands a sequel. the expansions and sequels is where developers can afford to get cheap and lazy. *cough* HoW? the first game in a new franchise shouldn't bankrupt you, but you can't afford to get it wrong either. this is the smart, if overdue, move.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 3

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)