How about random seed saves?

NegativeEdge made a great post in another topic, the latest Sensuki Suggestion thread, and it inspired me.

One thing that I personally really like about WL2 is that you have all these non-combat skills, and if you, for whatever reason (your damaged character got  blown to pieces by a trap, or you misclicked and moved the whole party in, etc), there are random seeds for saves in that game. So, the next time you try to disarm the trap, there is a new random roll, as it were.

To me, this is in the spirit of a CRPG like this. Some sort this behaviour under some degenerate gameplay or save scumming or what not, but:

Why does it matter in a single player RPG?

In short, I say "aye" to random seed saves.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I like randomness. It keeps things interesting. Its one of the reasons I love Borderlands. Since everything is random, you can play it 100 times and its still great. Not that this is borderlands, but you get my point. I think introducing a bit of randomness doesnt hurt. I mean, dont make it obvious like Im going to reload and open this chest 100000 times until I get the Ultimate Sword of Luck +10 (thatd be kinda cool...) but a little bit of randomness can go a long way I think to help replayability. TES games had it too, where you were never quite sure what monsters would show up or what loot you would get. I kinda liked that. I remember my brother was playing Morrowind and went to a city and found an awesome sword. So I spent hours trying to get to that city, checked the box, and there was no sword. Man was I disappointed. But then I found some cool armor, so it was all cool. Point being - randomness is cool.