Rant on Dark Souls

Qistina

I lost my **** at

iii. Most enemies are weird monsters i never meet, so they doing surprises that i never thought off or expecting because i never know that kind of a monster.

I want to know how you dealt with the trauma of Portal's Portal mechanics, considering they are weird doors you never meet, so they doing surprises you never thought off or expecting because you never know that kind of a door.

How do i know the frog-like monster will curse me when they blow up? And that curse half my health until i find a cure...and i am deep under sewer crawling with monsters have no idea how to or going where to end the curse......

(oh, i know already of course)

The same way you learn that goombas in Mario kill you when you run into them head-on.

I actually still want to know how you suffered the insufferable cruelty of Portal.

Like i said earlier, the game is difficult of the game difficulty, but because of those surprises. Once you know, you can simply avoid them or exploit.

The game become easier once you know the game, you not become better with the game, you just know everything in the game.

In the next playthrough, players just going to places where they can buy spells or poison arrows, or not fighting the black knights, or get the ambers then farm titanites, bypass some places, hide and shoot at snipers where the players know their exact position...ect

Like i said earlier, the game is difficult of the game difficulty, but because of those surprises. Once you know, you can simply avoid them or exploit.

The game become easier once you know the game, you not become better with the game, you just know everything in the game.

In the next playthrough, players just going to places where they can buy spells or poison arrows, or not fighting the black knights, or get the ambers then farm titanites, bypass some places, hide and shoot at snipers where the players know their exact position...ect

That may be true for melee and ranged classes but mages/paladins do get spells/miracles that are big game changers. A knight fights the same low level as high level with better stats (Although, DS2 nerfed the heck out of every weapon) A mage with a good selection of spell will 2-3 hit bosses. Hardly the same.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Do moderators have the power to see if two posters are the same IP, the same Internet Person ...

Manifested...imagine what a surprise its going to be when one day the Moderators of these forums contact you to let you know that you and I use the same IP address. So you and I are the same person and you were completely unaware of it, let it not be said that schizophrenia doesn't have its advantages. We\I will always have someone to talk to....you/I  will never be alone. There is definitely something beneficial about that :aiee:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

That may be true for melee and ranged classes but mages/paladins do get spells/miracles that are big game changers. A knight fights the same low level as high level with better stats (Although, DS2 nerfed the heck out of every weapon) A mage with a good selection of spell will 2-3 hit bosses. Hardly the same.
r

Weapons don't have charges,that make difference

Edited by Qistina

Sorry i'm on mye phone and is small

Warrior playerse have unlimited damage tool that is their weapons, while mage player have limited charges

Warrior players can go on with little need of bonfires, while mage players need to charge up their magic

Weapons are not unlimited, they have durability, though for most weapons it doesn't go down as fast as magic. Nobody avoids bonfires unless they're doing a challenge run.

That's kind of why you have two weapon slots, there's little reason to just pick sorcery and avoid weapons entirely. It's not that kind of game where you just pick a class. Most of the time you should be allotting stats based on what you need at the moment, or what you know you're going to need shortly. And until you get to a point where you have enough magic slots and spells to use all day long, you'll want some minimum stats for a weapon of your choice.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Warrior playerse have unlimited damage tool that is their weapons, while mage player have limited charges

Warrior players can go on with little need of bonfires, while mage players need to charge up their magic

That's because warrior players take much bigger risks than mages do.

They may not run out of spells but healing items get used up much more quickly.

Weapons are not unlimited, they have durability, though for most weapons it doesn't go down as fast as magic. Nobody avoids bonfires unless they're doing a challenge run.

That's kind of why you have two weapon slots, there's little reason to just pick sorcery and avoid weapons entirely. It's not that kind of game where you just pick a class. Most of the time you should be allotting stats based on what you need at the moment, or what you know you're going to need shortly. And until you get to a point where you have enough magic slots and spells to use all day long, you'll want some minimum stats for a weapon of your choice.

Technically, warrior players can avoid bonfires, to repair or upgrqade equipments just meet the smiths, no need to do it ourselves at bonfires. By means Warriors no need to rely much on bonfires other than to level up and refill Estus Flask

My point is the game is badly designed, it give us classes to choose but some classes have a lot of penalties, i realized all classes have sword/axe and shield for that reason, you cannot be 100% soccerer/mage, all classes must use sword and shield

And again about classes, if all classes must become melee fighter why make classes at all?

That's because warrior players take much bigger risks than mages do.

They may not run out of spells but healing items get used up much more quickly.

As i stated above, if we play "correctly" as what the developer have in mind, we don't really need healing. By means we need a really high reflexes and timing to avoid being hit, but the game cheat, we will get hit.

But in anyway, Warriors rely less on bonfires than mage players, if your weapon become dull, go to the smith, your arrows run out, go to the merchants, but if your magic run out, rest at bonfires and revive all enemies

Edited by Qistina

if all classes must become melee fighter why make classes at all?

They actually don't make classes. The "class" is just a starting setup. It's starting stats and equipment.

Technically, warrior players can avoid bonfires, to repair or upgrqade equipments just meet the smiths, no need to do it ourselves at bonfires. By means Warriors no need to rely much on bonfires other than to level up and refill Estus Flask

And they have to refill Estus pretty frequently. Nor are there Smith's everywhere. You're not going to walk from Seath's to undead burg without hitting a bonfire just to repair sword.

"Technically" is irrelevant. In reality, nobody avoids bonfires. Everyone deals with the respawn. Most builds include a magic component, whether it by pyromancy, sorcery, or miracle because this is not the big deal you are making it out to be.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

What games that use the Vancian system let you be a mage 100% of the time? IIRC every IE game your mage had to throw darts if they wanted to be useful.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

if all classes must become melee fighter why make classes at all?

They actually don't make classes. The "class" is just a starting setup. It's starting stats and equipment.

And they have to refill Estus pretty frequently. Nor are there Smith's everywhere. You're not going to walk from Seath's to undead burg without hitting a bonfire just to repair sword.

"Technically" is irrelevant. In reality, nobody avoids bonfires. Everyone deals with the respawn. Most builds include a magic component, whether it by pyromancy, sorcery, or miracle because this is not the big deal you are making it out to be.

Technical aspect is relevant, it's game design, when designing a game, developer must take account on technical things, making a game and expect how the player will play thier game, or else they just making the game only they can play

I used to active on DotA hero, skill and items making suggestion, so i know a bit of this and that about designing a game....about concept, balancing, and all...

When we make a game, we make a game the players play, not a game what us want to play

Edited by Qistina