[301] Mouse-over for the tiny icons right above the portraits is bugged

IndiraLightfoot

Question

If a portrait has more than one tiny icon above its portrait, the mouse over only works for the icon to the left. The next icon, to the right, will then get interpreted as if it was the one to the left (as if the icon to the left had a big invisible hitbox overlapping it).

5D6yEF.jpg

Dragon's Lair icon on its own

Ik4wj5.jpg

But when it's to the right of other icons, its mouse over info no longer gets displayed.

asHB1P.jpg

Another example.

I have tested this on several maps, including Dyrford Crossing. The bug persists.

EDIT: Haha! I check again, it's not a bug. It's intentional. However, it fooled me. I'd much prefer that the icon I mouse over, gets displayed firt, above the other. I even missed that they were stacked, and thus the info for both icons was included.

Well, correction, please make sure that the icon you mouse over, gets displayed as a priority, instead of showing up below in a list of icons. Or, best of all, only show the icon that I mouse over, and not all of them in a stack. :)

Edited by IndiraLightfoot

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

3 answers to this question

This is a new thing hey? I'm not sure I like the single mouse over showing all of the bonuses. Some of them are unnecessary as well. I equipped some magical boots and it added a "buff" that showed extra endurance. The game should not show that as a buff, as it's from an item and it's permanent as long as you are wearing the boots.

Edited by Sensuki

Or, best of all, only show the icon that I mouse over, and not all of them in a stack. :)

actually it's fine the way it is. i don't need to pixel hunt those little items, and can see everything in one glance. just make sure that not every single item property will be included as a separate buff.

This is a new thing hey? I'm not sure I like the single mouse over showing all of the bonuses. Some of them are unnecessary as well. I equipped some magical boots and it added a "buff" that showed extra endurance. The game should not show that as a buff, as it's from an item and it's permanent as long as you are wearing the boots.

The buffs from enchanted items showing on character portraits is a bug and will eventually be removed.

All buffs being displayed in one tooltip is by design though, late game with the right set up, your characters can have a lot of buffs. Once those buffs get to the point of running past the characters portrait they stop displaying. This way you are able to see all your buffs at a single glance and not have to run through each one.

As always, thanks for the feedback, it's greatly appreciated!

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/