Here is a big reason why v301 "feels better"

Sensuki

I'll check and see if its present on my game. Will say that I do actually like the intended system of being limited by both health and resources, so I personally wouldn't vote for this to be turned into a "feature". I'm ok with Endurance regenerating in between combats, but only because Health does not. If Health were removed or kept so high as to be irrelevant, I wouldn't like it at all.

• Like 2

I play on Hard exclusively and I don't have the health bug but I also don't keep any of my saves around because they quickly become bug riddled messes.  As an aside, it seems the 0 DT and DR bug on mobs seems to be back when you load a save.  As a backer I was all but ready to throw in the towel on ever getting something that felt even remotely close to BG in v278 but that completely changed in v301.  I can state with almost certainty that the adventuring day feels infinitely closer to what it "should" be.  I think I had to rest only once during my run and the irony was that I didn't really need it because I had full health and endurance values because of a level up.

At least with the current difficulty we are bloody close to being dead on with the health and endurance values (ie they are a non-factor).  Of course, if the goal is health to be a non-factor then why exactly it is a part of the PoE experience is beyond me.

Edited by Razsius

I guess it's just personal preference - I really like health being a factor, myself. Helps me with immersion if my characters gradually get more beat up as the game goes on. 

Oh sure lowering health values is a "sound" idea when it fits into what one believes is a proper adventuring day.  What poor Sen probably doesn't know is that when your health values lower that neon green bar goes from green to yellow to red.  So when BB Fighter hits red and i'm out of all or almost all of my per rest abilities it feels like a "proper" adventuring day.  In that case, the health bar could've been removed and nothing would change because you would've rested anyways.  What i'm more concerned about is bumping into something unexpected at what you think is still a somewhat reasonable health total like 1/3 or something.

Then you might find your party or part of your party doing a face plant and since health can't be healed you might not be able to do much about it.  Which is just stupid.

Has anybody other than Sensuki encountered this issue?

Can't say that I have but haven't really tested nor paid attention to it. That said, creates a new character on hard just now and health values seemed fine.

Sensuki, you're not using your modified stat .dll right? Just checking :)

No I am using the vanilla game. I store my mods in a separate location and swap the file in. I also store the DLLs of each version in a folder so I can replace them.

After I swap a mod back to default I run a "Verify Integrity of Game Cache" on Steam which replaces any modified files.

• Like 1

No I am using the vanilla game. I store my mods in a separate location and swap the file in. I also store the DLLs of each version in a folder so I can replace them.After I swap a mod back to default I run a "Verify Integrity of Game Cache" on Steam which replaces any modified files.

Does this issue occur upon load in of the game for you after character creation?

I managed to fix it by validating my game files on steam, one of the files failed the check.

I was not using any modified files though, if I was using my mod - backer icons, melee engagement UI, the new highlighting system would all be modded out and my attribute system would be working.

I'll see if it pops up again though, because I was also having this issue in the last patch. I reported it a few weeks ago.

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 1

Yup its still there, its not consistent but its a problem.  I have not ever installed any modifications nor done any modifying myself. Before my last test I verified my game cache.

You may never see this problem especially if you are only playing a single game/character. It takes me quite a few tries to get it to show up in a new game,  but it definitely exists.

Ahhhh good old core file modding, replacing values and hoping for the best... Takes me back! :D

Seriously, we should wait for an API before modding via hack'n'slash on the core files. This method may break your game :3

Did you not listen? I swapped the dll back to the original and then verified it with steam.

MoonDog has also been able to replicate the issue, although I was getting it way more than he was.

Ahhhh good old core file modding, replacing values and hoping for the best... Takes me back! :D

Seriously, we should wait for an API before modding via hack'n'slash on the core files. This method may break your game :3

Did you not listen? I swapped the dll back to the original and then verified it with steam.

MoonDog has also been able to replicate the issue, although I was getting it way more than he was.

Relax man, I was just stating a general comment about modding. Chill :)

1669_planescape_torment-prev.png