301 Sneak Attack Massacre

swordofthewish: Very fun videos to watch. Thx for posting them. Don't worry about the quality, the important thing is that you got your point across. :)

I love when your Orlan in underwear hit that Norglar fellow for 57 with a crit. I can imagine the BB 301 will see plenty of swift Orlan rogues now out on killing sprees.

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

swordofthewish: Very fun videos to watch. Thx for posting them. Don't worry about the quality, the important thing is that you got your point across. :)

I love when your Orlan in underwear hit that Norglar fellow for 57 with a crit. I can imagine the BB 301 will see plenty of swift Orlan rogues now out on killing sprees.

Thanks Indira! For some reason Take 1 with the Rival Party glitched out and you can't see my party hilariously wipe towards the end of the video! It was ugly! It began the moment the Rogues drew aggro from Nargo. 

I got my revenge on that chap during Take 2. Hit him with Sneak Attacks from my main and the BB Rogue for a total of 120+ points of damage in the span of a second or two. ^_^

Edited by swordofthesith

Hmm.

So which of the two things is right? Can someone who has the context make an argument?

1) The encounters earlier were meant by devs to be easy but made hard due to underbalanced stats. SOmething that has been corrected in the new build.

2) The encounters earlier were meant to remain hard and are now easy due to underbalanced stats.

"The essence of balance is detachment. To embrace a cause, to grow fond or spiteful, is to lose one's balance, after which, no action can be trusted. Our burden is not for the dependent of spirit."

I don't have any facts to back me up. Having played the different beta iterations, the enemies feel very toned down in this new update. I've been using the same build for my BB companions since the Beta went live and these guys are now massacring everything. I've had fights where my BB Fighter and BB Rogue can pretty much do everything on their own, something they couldn't do in previous iterations.

• Like 1

When I played the game, the experience was awful enough.

But with your horrible framerate and crap graphics it really brought it to a whole new level of utter crap.

Please don't post such videos again, negative publicity is a real thing.

Just because you asked so nicely, I plan on uploading a lot more gameplay videos.  :cat:

• Like 11

I don't have any facts to back me up. Having played the different beta iterations, the enemies feel very toned down in this new update. I've been using the same build for my BB companions since the Beta went live and these guys are now massacring everything. I've had fights where my BB Fighter and BB Rogue can pretty much do everything on their own, something they couldn't do in previous iterations.

That's been my experience too HIro. All you really need is a Tank and Rogues and 301 is absolute cake. In my game, I imagine my BB Priest and Wizard standing on the sidelines of combat decked out in cheerleader outfits screaming GO ROGUE! GO! as they WTFpwnroll the whole world. ^_^

Edited by swordofthesith
  • Like 1

In my game, I imagine my BB Priest and Wizard standing on the sidelines of combat decked out cheerleader outfits screaming GO ROGUE! GO! as they WTFpwnroll the whole world. ^_^

That's incredibly funny when you close your eyes and imagine that sweet scene! :lol:

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

When I played the game, the experience was awful enough.

But with your horrible framerate and crap graphics it really brought it to a whole new level of utter crap.

Please don't post such videos again, negative publicity is a real thing.

Christ, man, just bail on the forums completely and go and see how the next DA is coming along. Or the new Hobbit film, it will have similar gameplay.

All I got from these videos is that characters still don't stand apart from background and that although you spend more time paused then not, what is happening in combat still looks confusing.

Where are party buffs? Where are enemy disablers? Why does rogue just run straight forward and looks just as another fighter? 

Even in D:OS they managed to implement flanking for rogue attacks. 

Edited by archangel979

Flanking mechanic is there but a bit buggy currently.

However, from what I understand concept is that each mob has a number of potential engages maximum around him, and once that number is surpassed, he'll the flanked affliction, which will be effective for everyone targeting him at this point. So it's called "flanked" but really it's just more "overwhelmed" by attackers and positioning doesn't matter whatsoever.

Flanking mechanic is there but a bit buggy currently.

However, from what I understand concept is that each mob has a number of potential engages maximum around him, and once that number is surpassed, he'll the flanked affliction, which will be effective for everyone targeting him at this point. So it's called "flanked" but really it's just more "overwhelmed" by attackers and positioning doesn't matter whatsoever.

which is bad as it turns a rogue into a different hairstyle fighter. They need to provide different play experience for melee rogue players. 3.5e D&D forced rogues to always look for for flanking positions. IE games forced them to do hit and run or open combat by dealing a massive first strike. How effective it was can be argued but it cannot be argued that they played similar to fighters.

D:OS I mentioned really feels like playing a Scoundrel/Rogue, I want something similar.

All I got from these videos is that characters still don't stand apart from background and that although you spend more time paused then not, what is happening in combat still looks confusing.

I find this very odd too.

It's like they can't fix the damn washed out color palette. Surely they must realize that the beta testing would go much smoother then.

There sure are a lot of red flags about this game development.

Where are party buffs? Where are enemy disablers? Why does rogue just run straight forward and looks just as another fighter? 

Yan-Ti the great rogue has no need for puny buffs or fancy disablers. Just a Greatsword and a tank and it's OMGWTFWN Time. 

Rogue Sneak Attack + Reckless Assault + Crippling Strike with guns/arbalest = LAUGHS

Pretty much. Mutonizer had written that he was wiping out entire encounters with a 4 man rogue party armed with arbalests. I really do think Sneak Attack is due for a nerf. It is crazy OP at the moment. They need to make the conditions needed to setup a Sneak Attack a little more challenging to arrange. 

Rogue Sneak Attack + Reckless Assault + Crippling Strike with guns/arbalest = LAUGHS

That is cool, but a archetype rogue is a melee character that backstabs.

In NWN2 you could buff your Tumble so high nobody ever got AoO vs you and you could play this archetype easily, running between enemies and looking for Sneak Attack opportunities. In PoE you get one per encounter ability that lets you disengage... I am only one that finds this wrong?!

Edited by archangel979

It's not really sneak attack it's the fact that you can get like four stackable multipliers at once.

damage roll x 1.2 (reckless assault) x 1.25 (crippling strike) x sneak attack x arbalest x 1.25 (fine) 

It's got nothing to do with Perception, it's the freaking ridiculous damage stacking

• Like 2

It's not really sneak attack it's the fact that you can get like four stackable multipliers at once.

damage roll x 1.2 (reckless assault) x 1.25 (crippling strike) x sneak attack x arbalest x 1.25 (fine) 

It's got nothing to do with Perception, it's the freaking ridiculous damage stacking

You're right Sens, when you have all those conditions applied to your damage roll you start to see stupid silly numbers. But I never needed to activate Crippling Strike. I just toggled Reckless Assault and rolled on through the neighborhood without breaking a sweat.