The last physical game you ever bought

Bryy

Last physical game I purchased was Armoured Core V: Verdict Day for the Xbox 360, back in Sept 2013.

Last physical PC game I purchased was Divinity 2: Ego Draconis back in 2009

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Hah, I like this thread idea.

The last physical game I bought was Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen about 2 months ago

The last physical PC game was STALKER: Call of Pripyat in 2013, plan on buying Baldur's Gate Collection later this year though

Edited by Nordicus

I bought the latest Tomb Raider game as a physicalgame this year, but to the honest its just cheaper and more convenient to use digital distribution services like Steam

But I still buy physical copies for games that I am very excited about like DA:I, Witcher 3 and GTAV

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I ordered Tales of Xillia 2 Day One Edition, yesterday. An online retailer screwed up and after waiting for about 3 weeks, I had enough and cancelled the order. I also cancelled all my other order with that company.

Last physical PC game would have to be Dishonored. I found it for very cheap, even cheaper than any digital version, so I ended up with a copy. After finishing the game, I gave it to my cousin who likes this type of game.

Pillars of Eternity will be the next physical PC game I get.

Last physical PC game was a two pack of The Settlers 7 and Prince of Persia. Was $3 at Dollarama.

Last console game was Stick of Truth.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

i dont remember what the last console game i bought was or when, but it was for Sega Master System (first and last console i ever had)

as for PC it was Battlefield 3. it was a preorder so i got it at release day

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Technically I bought Shadow of Mordor. It just won't be arriving for a week....  :shifty:

Again, buying physical copies via amazon can work out cheaper then digital copies..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Borderlands 2. I might get GTA V, save myself the colossal download.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Probably the Gt6 anniversary edition..

..Or it was Valkyria Chronicles 2 and Gods Eater Burst on umd (had both downloaded earlier, but wanted to get them when VC2 finally came out in Europe... no chance of VC3, Gods Eater 2 or FF:Type-0, though, umd or otherwise... Unless someone makes a fan translation, like this again, at the risk of lawsuit and worse).

The injustice must end! Sign the petition and Free the Krug!

Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney in 2014

For the PC I think it was Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Does the copy of Bayonetta 2 I pre-ordered count? (since I don't physically have the game yet)

I've completely abandoned physical media on PC, I'm not sure I even remember what was the last PC game I bought a box copy for (my desktop rig doesn't even have a disc drive of any kind, not floppy, not DVD, not Blu-Ray), but I stick mostly with physical media for the Wii U, largely due to the small (32 GB) capacity of the Wii U's storage and the fact that I can find physical games cheaper on Amazon or Ebay (including shipping) than I can on the eShop most of the time.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Does the copy of Bayonetta 2 I pre-ordered count? (since I don't physically have the game yet)

I've completely abandoned physical media on PC, I'm not sure I even remember what was the last PC game I bought a box copy for (my desktop rig doesn't even have a disc drive of any kind, not floppy, not DVD, not Blu-Ray), but I stick mostly with physical media for the Wii U, largely due to the small (32 GB) capacity of the Wii U's storage and the fact that I can find physical games cheaper on Amazon or Ebay (including shipping) than I can on the eShop most of the time.

I would always pick the physical media version over digital, if I had the choice. That said, I buy most of my games from GoG. :lol:

Certain DRMs take away that choice though; and other times I might not be able to find a boxed copy.  I'd have bought Disciples 2:Resurrection ~but could only find the digital version.

icon_twisted_zps6608dac5.gif And I won't run a machine without physical drives; including a floppy drive.  My system has a Bluray drive*, DVD drive*, and external CDR drive; with internal and an external floppy drive ~and my motherboard doesn't even have a floppy drive connector. I had to modify a an internal floppy drive/media card reader with drive parts from an external USB floppy drive, and plug it directly into the board.

*Each drive is of course backward compatible BR>>DVD>>CDR.

Edited by Gizmo