The last physical game you ever bought

Bryy

Madden 2015.

I see we have a lot of new age freaks in this thread. You guys don't like owning stuff. You like to be controlled by others. :(

Hey, that was the last physical game I bought as well!

After my son broke our Mario Kart 8 copy, I briefly thought about throwing in the towel with physical console games, but I think the benefit of getting a few trade in bucks outweighs the risk of breaking or losing a physical copy.  

The only physical PC games I buy are special ones like PoE.  They are simply too hard to find in stores most of the time, and I hate to pre-order.  I think Mass Effect 3 was the last PC game I got physically.

I *think* bought a handful of games from a discount shelf, 3 old games of questionable quality (and never installed) for $10.

"Real" purchase was... NWN2 Deluxe Edition (with maps, rings etc.), The Witcher (big box Edition with art books etc.) or Fallout 3 (for like $15 with all DLC's included). Cant really remember which one was last. Probably not NWN2.

Edit: Yeah, I think NWN2 is somewhat older, got it somewhere around the same time i got STALKER (SoC) I think (the version with metal lunchbox and other goodies)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

probably not what is meant.

http://www.boardgameauthority.com/ticket-to-ride-10th-anniversary-edition/

*shrug*

we like board games.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Don't generally care for digital downloads so I tend to always buy my games as physical copies, especially considering that most of the games I've been shopping lately are from the older generations (if we are to call it that).

• 2 months later...

Last physical console game I purchased: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker a couple weeks ago

Last physical PC game I purchased:  Probably Rage in 2011

Edit: Crap, I just noticed this topic was necromanced and I posted in it months ago.  Oh well.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

The last boxed game I bought was WL2; but the games I would usually buy, I rarely find the box versions. If given the choice, I'd prefer the boxed edition of anything over the digital.

*But sometimes that choice is ruined by terrible DRM... I've picked the digital version over the physical before, when the DRM was too onerous to risk installing it.

Wasteland 2 (2014) - PC

Dragon Age: Inquisition (2014) - PS4

Persona 4 Ulimax Arena (2014) - PS3

Persona Q (2014) - 3DS

Ghost Stories (2014) - Boardgame

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Borderlands 2. Next one I buy will be GTA 5 for the PC, spare myself the 50 GB download.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Fairy Fencer F for PS3 month ago. And tomorrow I will pick up Kingdom Hearts 2.5 Remix.

I actually purchased 7 physical games this year all for full price at release day or shortly after. Would buy them more, but my job does not allow me to spent so much time on all the games I like.

I am buying digital games only after they hit the price under 5USD. And only bought 2 games this year which were worth that price (Shadowrun Returns and Wasteland 1).

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Uh.....Borderlands 1 maybe? Either that or FO:3 or Mass Effect2, neither of which I played for more than 30 minutes. Or something that I can't remember...at any rate, I stopped buying physical copies when I realized my local stores were all slowly phasing out pc game shelves....

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Dragon Age 2... paid 2 euro.

Probably still overpayed, but I felt like giving BioWare some slack ;)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Since I mostly get games from Steam or Gog now, it's all digital for me. I wouldn't say I prefer it, but I don't really mind anymore. And I must admit, I like not having to have a CD/DVD spinning madly away in the drive. I still miss the paper manuals (when they were more than a leaflet, I mean) for some types of games. Printing out a pdf just doesn't feel the same.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Well the CD spin-up, post 90s anyway, was generally only the copy protection doing its disc check anyway. And that could be, *ahem*, creatively avoided. The last widespread use of from-the-disc asset use was probably the red book audio track for the game music, which died off in preference to low-bitrate MP3s.

Whether I go for a physical copy these days depends on my estimation of the game itself. If it's a throwaway title then I don't mind going digital. If it's a game I expect to love, I'll want a physical copy as a historical record of "hey look at these awesome titles I've bought over the years".

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Wasteland 2 a few months ago... haven't gotten the box yet, though.

Oh, and Bayonetta & Dark Souls for PS3. The HDD of my PS3 isn't big enough to download everything onto it...

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Reassuring to know I'm not the only one.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Reassuring to know I'm not the only one.

Until this thread, I had actually forgotten I got a physical tier for Wasteland 2.  Hopefully PoE doesn't take this long to get it's physical goods out.  No wonder I've gone completely digital.  :getlost:

I'm going to need better directions than "the secret lair."

-==(UDIC)==-