How did you break Beta 301?

Yeah but if you'd read it you'd understand how IAS works and all of that stuff :p I doubt there's another backer that knows more about the game mechanics than I do, I've been following the game since the first day of the KS.

Not sure what you do in battle, but my casters are always idle during encounters to make sure that when I need them, they can act instantly. Do you have your wizards and priest auto attack or something? :)

No one is ever idle for me. If I want someone to perform an action I cancel their current one, or I just wait until their recovery ends. I have never missed a heal or anything because of someone not being ready.

Edited by Sensuki

Yeah but if you'd read it you'd understand how IAS works and all of that stuff :p I doubt there's another backer that knows more about the game mechanics than I do, I've been following the game since the first day of the KS.

It's not rocket science. 5 minutes looking up in the code and 5 more testing it gave me most of the answers I needed, which is pretty much what you got as well.

No one is ever idle for me. If I want someone to perform an action I cancel their current one, or I just wait until their recovery ends. I have never missed a heal or anything because of someone not being ready.

Different play-style probably. You also seem to play real time with lots of pauses, I usually do slow time and no pause. Guess that changes how one experience things a bit. Not a problem though, you just might find more DEX use than I do because of it so can adjust to your playstyle.

I don't test with slow. The aim is to get the default combat speed correct and you can't achieve that by testing in slow mode.

At the moment combat requires a bit too much pausing, so it's not right yet.

Edited by Sensuki

I don't test with slow. The aim is to get the default combat speed correct and you can't achieve that by testing in slow mode.

At the moment combat requires a bit too much pausing, so it's not right yet.

Meh, takes half a second of combat to test the default combat speed and immediately see that it's not right. :)

After that, each of us is on his own really and slow mode or pausing doesn't matter, since it doesn't need any further testing until it's changed, which means a new build.

That said, slow mode seems to be an actual planned release feature, and its working decently, so you can actually test how things are with it on.

I also find Slow mode very useful, especially if I want to take my time seeing what each damage roll is.

As it is right now the combat log only registers the latest information (while the conversation log registers everyting) and you cant scroll up to see it, which I hpe is a bug.

So you cant really go back to previous information to see if you mised something.

With normal combat speed the log fills pretty fast so you lose lots of information quick. So its more relaxing to use slow mode.

To each his own, regarding using the feature however.

You can pull the enemies away 1 by 1, by getting in stealth mode by making them become semi alert of your pressence.

I don't know if this is intended or not.

That's called falling into a trap...

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

His friends are like only a few metres away though.

IMPLYING THE STEALTH MECHANICS MAKES SENSE IN THE FIRST PLACE!

"The essence of balance is detachment. To embrace a cause, to grow fond or spiteful, is to lose one's balance, after which, no action can be trusted. Our burden is not for the dependent of spirit."