Is Obsidian trying to rush this game?

ctn2003

And yet, their willingness to delay it in the face of evidence of the delay's necessity does the exact opposite of suggesting that Obsidian is rushing the game.

• Like 4

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Indeed. But no one knew that until now. No need to be butthurt.

Yes, and therefore, we had no choice but to assume their intentions were to rush the crap out of the game, clearly.

And I don't understand... was my mere observation of a simple fact somehow an expression of butthurt? If so, I would very much like to be instructed as to how to observe a fact without doing so.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

It's hard to "continue" with something that I never stated. But, so speaketh the mighty prophet Hiro, so it must be true.

So says the mighty Troll Lephys, who constantly avoids questions. And you have posted your troll posts right from the very beginning, stating your stance on the OP. And it doesn't take a prophet to know that releasing this game in December would have been rushing it. And the OP is right again.

Ok. The game has been delayed to 2015 early. May be this justifies the critics in this thread somewhat. The game * Would * have been rushed if it were released in december. 

Which is what the OP and many of us were concerned about. The game WOULD have been rushed if it was released in December.

And yet, their willingness to delay it in the face of evidence of the delay's necessity does the exact opposite of suggesting that Obsidian is rushing the game.

It actually proves what the OP is saying is true with asking questions like, "Is Obsidian trying to rush this game?" And also "Why their rushing a "Kickstarter" Game ill never know they have all the time in the world to shape this game up the way they want."

Yes, Obsidian would be rushing this game if released in December. So yes, if Obsidian had kept to their Winter 2014 deadline, it would have been rushed. Keep living in denial Lephys.

Edited by Hiro Protagonist II

And now people can shut up about their "game rushed" worries and go back to reporting bugs/glitches/reviewing game systems/art/music so their own worries become unfounded.

Or we could go back to complaining.

No better for the trolls to complain and for me to whack them. It gives the trolls like Lephys something to do, for them to jump into threads and call the OP a troll and for me to show them the trolls that they are.

So how many things has the OP got right now? He was right about this was planned to be release before December (Summer release). He was right about concerns by Obsidian with releasing around the time of DA:I. And he was right about is Obsidian rushing the game for a Winter 2014 release. But according to some trolls, he's just a troll.

So says the mighty Troll Lephys, who constantly avoids questions. And you have posted your troll posts right from the very beginning, stating your stance on the OP. And it doesn't take a prophet to know that releasing this game in December would have been rushing it. And the OP is right again.

Could you please provide your definition of trolling, Hiro? I don't quite understand how to not-troll, based on the random stuff you describe is trolling. Thus far, disagreeing with you (or in this case, the OP) seems to be trolling. Yet, you can accuse me of calling the OP a troll, without any proof or evidence, and that isn't trolling.

Also, how might I go about easing into a thread, instead of jumping into one? Can I maybe post like... half a post, then post the other half later, so as to make the process less abrupt? Or should I just refrain from posting in any thread I didn't start? Because, I figure if you authored a thread, you can't really ever jump into it, since you're in it at the time of its creation.

*ponder*

Anywho, on-topic, Obsidian's lack of desire to rush the game is apparent in their completely voluntary decision to delay the game based on empirical evidence of its need to be delayed.

Could you please provide your definition of trolling, Hiro? I don't quite understand how to not-troll, based on the random stuff you describe is trolling. Thus far, disagreeing with you (or in this case, the OP) seems to be trolling. Yet, you can accuse me of calling the OP a troll, without any proof or evidence, and that isn't trolling.

Also, how might I go about easing into a thread, instead of jumping into one? Can I maybe post like... half a post, then post the other half later, so as to make the process less abrupt? Or should I just refrain from posting in any thread I didn't start? Because, I figure if you authored a thread, you can't really ever jump into it, since you're in it at the time of its creation.

*ponder*

Anywho, on-topic, Obsidian's lack of desire to rush the game is apparent in their completely voluntary decision to delay the game based on empirical evidence of its need to be delayed.

I'm not going to provide 'my' definition of trolling. You can look it up yourself and it's what you did from your very first post and have done so with your posts. And nice strawman with 'disagreeing with me or the OP is trolling'. No, Lephys I know this is hard for your to understand. And the fact that I provided proof of the OP's claim with at least the Matt Chat and you were dismissing that evidence shows how much of a troll you are. Even if I do show you evidence, you dismiss it. That's the way you are with disagreeing with everything and dismissing evidence when it proves you wrong. Just man up and say you were wrong. And no need for sarcasm.

Also, how might you go about easing into a thread? Well for one, stop with the troll posts. That would be a good start! Don't worry about posting like a half a post if it's still a troll post. Can you do something as simple as that? Do you need someone in real life to teach how not to troll? Maybe go to school and learn how not to troll with your posts and stop trolling the OP when you jump into a thread? Yeah, that would help.

And back on topic, the OP's concerns were justified and Obsidian confirmed them. So the OP was right all along, something you still haven't acknowledged with the OP being right. Still living in denial and weaselling your way around this with your slimy debating tactics..

How was the OP proven right? Unless you seriously think Obsidian decided to delay the game in response to this thread that was made a few days ago.

You're saying the OP was wrong with anything he said in his first post?

Obviously, yes. And you're ignoring my question. How can Obsidian be rushing the game when they already made the decision to delay it long before this thread went up?

I'm not sure what the DA:I release has to do with it either. If they feared releasing around the same time, wouldn't that mean releasing later (the opposite of rushing), further contradiction the OP's argument?

• Like 2

Obviously, yes. And you're ignoring my question. How can Obsidian be rushing the game when they already made the decision to delay it long before this thread went up?

I'm not sure what the DA:I release has to do with it either. If they feared releasing around the same time, wouldn't that mean releasing later (the opposite of rushing), further contradiction the OP's argument?

Hang on. You're saying the OP was wrong about everything? The OP mentioning PoE was going to be released before December 2014. And you're now ignoring the fact that there was going to be an intended Summer 2014 release mentioned by a dev last year in 2013.  You're now ignoring the fact that Feargus was concerned about the release date of DA:I and he didn't want to release PoE around the same time? You're ignoring these facts?

So you think the OP is a troll or not? Lephys, Caladian and DCParry think he is.

• Like 1

If you could, Hiro, please discuss the topic of Obsidian rushing the game, and not the topic of "what are all the strange, irrelevant faults and flaws of people I don't like, because I can." You're not trolling, but you're certainly not being productive here. If you want to call people out on stuff, how about sticking to stuff pertinent to the actual topic. Not "Hahaha, you didn't watch the Matt Chat!," and falsely accusing me of calling the OP a troll, which I never did, and you haven't even bothered to attempt to prove.

On said topic, the OP was, indeed, wrong. If Obsidian were rushing the game, they would simply not-delay it. Whatever your reason for delaying a game, "because I want to get the game out as fast as possible" cannot possibly be the reason.

And, on the note of the claim "The beta is actually just an alpha," no evidence was provided beyond that simply being the thread author's opinion.

Hang on. You're saying the OP was wrong about everything? The OP mentioning PoE was going to be released before December 2014. And you're now ignoring the fact that there was going to be an intended Summer 2014 release mentioned by a dev last year in 2013.  You're now ignoring the fact that Feargus was concerned about the release date of DA:I and he didn't want to release PoE around the same time? You're ignoring these facts?

... Hiro, he's literally referencing those facts. Are you... feeling okay? o_O

Are you really just pretending people are arguing the exact opposite of whatever you decide? He didn't even say anything about when a release date was mentioned, and he specifically acknowledged the DA:I release concern.

Edited by Lephys

If you could, Hiro, please discuss the topic of Obsidian rushing the game, and not the topic of "what are all the strange, irrelevant faults and flaws of people I don't like, because I can." You're not trolling, but you're certainly not being productive here. If you want to call people out on stuff, how about sticking to stuff pertinent to the actual topic. Not "Hahaha, you didn't watch the Matt Chat!," and falsely accusing me of calling the OP a troll, which I never did, and you haven't even bothered to attempt to prove.

On said topic, the OP was, indeed, wrong. If Obsidian were rushing the game, they would simply not-delay it. Whatever your reason for delaying a game, "because I want to get the game out as fast as possible" cannot possibly be the reason.

And, on the note of the claim "The beta is actually just an alpha," no evidence was provided beyond that simply being the thread author's opinion.

If you could Lephys, please discuss the topics of what the OP mentioned in his post. And you are trolling and not being productive. And you did troll the OP with your first post. The Winter 2014 release date wasn't a viable date to release this game and it would have been rushed. Obsidian knew that and delayed it to 2015 now. The OP was right with the Winter 2014 release date.

On Said topic, the OP was indeed right. If Obsidian kept to the Winter 2014 release, it would have been rushed. Hence his question, Is Obsidian trying to rush this game?. If kept to the Winter 2014 release schedule which is what Obsidian wanted to do, which Feargus and the dev's mentioned over the course of this year, then the answer would have been YES.

One step at the time. I'm still working on the other evidence that proves the OP was right which you fail to acknowledge.

... Hiro, he's literally referencing those facts. Are you... feeling okay? o_O

Are you really just pretending people are arguing the exact opposite of whatever you decide? He didn't even say anything about when a release date was mentioned, and he specifically acknowledged the DA:I release concern.

Lephys, are you feeling okay?

Or you just want to weasel your way around this.

The OP isn't a troll, Obsidian isn't rushing the game, and Lee Harvey Oswald worked alone.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

How was the OP proven right? Unless you seriously think Obsidian decided to delay the game in response to this thread that was made a few days ago.

You're saying the OP was wrong with anything he said in his first post?

Yes.

I mean, go reread what he wrote.

Lephys, are you feeling okay?

I think your quote function might have a glitch. You seem to be repeating what I'm saying, but it's putting my name in place of yours.

Back on-topic:

Explain to me how this...

:geek: It has become apparent that Obsidian seems to really want to rush this game out the door. little known fact, this game was  going to be released even earlier than December. But they wanted to keep it from releasing close to Dragon age 3. And the So called ""Beta"" IS acouly a alpha they just relised to make time for the December relise.

... isn't a claim that they seem to really want to rush the game out the door, followed immediately by the fact that they voluntarily delayed the game until December. AND how there's any evidence, whatsoever, presented regarding the beta being not-actually a beta, and only being released to make time for the December (already delayed so that he game wasn't released as early as possible) release. AND how the claim that the beta is actually a hastily-released alpha isn't dependent upon the notion that they're rushing the game, which, again, is somehow supported by the fact that that they had the option of releasing the game earlier, or later, and they chose later. (This is before they just recently chose even later, mind you).

That's an actual quote up there, btw. Not what I'm claiming he said. No discrepancy. His actual words.

If you can't explain that, this meeting is adjourned.

Edited by Lephys

I think your quote function might have a glitch. You seem to be repeating what I'm saying, but it's putting my name in place of yours.

No Lephys. You are not feeling okay. Trolls usually don't feel okay when they try and weasel their way out of this.

Back on-topic:

Explain to me how this...

:geek: It has become apparent that Obsidian seems to really want to rush this game out the door. little known fact, this game was  going to be released even earlier than December. But they wanted to keep it from releasing close to Dragon age 3. And the So called ""Beta"" IS acouly a alpha they just relised to make time for the December relise.

... isn't a claim that they seem to really want to rush the game out the door, followed immediately by the fact that they voluntarily delayed the game until December. AND how there's any evidence, whatsoever, presented regarding the beta being not-actually a beta, and only being released to make time for the December (already delayed so that he game wasn't released as early as possible) release. AND how the claim that the beta is actually a hastily-released alpha isn't dependent upon the notion that they're rushing the game, which, again, is somehow supported by the fact that that they had the option of releasing the game earlier, or later, and they chose later. (This is before they just recently chose even later, mind you).

That's an actual quote up there, btw. Not what I'm claiming he said. No discrepancy. His actual words.

If you can't explain that, this meeting is adjourned.

Obsidian want to rush this out the door with a Winter 2014 release if they kept to it? Yes, it would have been rushed.

Little known fact that the game was going to be released before December? Yes, as an Obsidian dev mentioned this last year when the game was already in development.

They wanted to keep it away from releasing it near DA:I? Yes, Feargus confirmed that in Matt Chat.

That's three from three.

Is this Beta an alpha? Not for me to say. But I'm not discussing that. I'm discussing the first three which you don't want to acknowledge is true. And now Bryy has come in with his usual one line troll posts. 

So I did explain that and you can't accept those facts.

• Like 1

Yes.

I mean, go reread what he wrote.

Trolling again Bryy. You said the OP was complaining to complain. No where did that come across from his post.

And you said he didn't write anything wrong in his post. 

So you agree that:

- the game is an alpha

- they are rushing the game

Both of which he backed up with "Because I think so".

You're telling me you agree with that?

Because he wasn't just making broad assumptions, they were very specific.

• Like 1

And you said he didn't write anything wrong in his post. 

So you agree that:

- the game is an alpha

- they are rushing the game

Both of which he backed up with "Because I think so".

You're telling me you agree with that?

Because he wasn't just making broad assumptions, they were very specific.

Doing a Lephys and weaselling you're away around this now Bryy? So you're saying the OP is wrong with Obsidian not wanting to release this at the same time as DA:I? You're saying Feargus on Matt Chat is a figment of everyone's imagination?