Female Orlan taller than male orlan

Kiofs

Either way, you're wrong.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Either way, you're wrong.

Typical rebuttal from a troll who usually has no argument.

I've already made my argument. You should try reading.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

LOL at using real world biology to bitch about fantasy creatures.

They use real world biology/ideology/human nature to create POE.

There is no real world equivalent of Orlans, Elves, Dwaves, Aumaua, or Godlike. Attempting to use real world logic to ascribe characteristics to these fantasy creatures is foolish.

I meant to say as a reference.

Human: Caucasian

Elves: Asian (intelligent, feminine look, long life span)

Dwarves: Scottish (accent)

Aumaua: African-american (muscular, rougher skin)

Trolls (warcraft): Jamaican (accent)

yeeaaahh, it's really foolish for game companies to use real world biology as a reference to create fantasy creature...small minded peeps...

You just referenced racist (really, surprisingly and stupidly racist) pseudo-science, not biology.  Also, I'll just leave this here:

yao-ming-5.jpg

Edited by anameforobsidian
  • Like 4

Sexual dimorphism works both ways in a variety of species, and the female can be larger - I won't insult you by stating that you do not know this already, merely stating it so that were clear. I have not checked to see the size difference between the Orlan myself, but I shall take the fervour in this thread as reason enough to trust it.

But above all else:

1) This is fantasy

2) It can happen in our world such as in the Hyena family

3) It may well be a bug

To query is perfectly valid, to turn this into a fight is not. All you need to find out is which 1, 2 or 3 was the cause/reasoning. In the grand scheme of things, even relevant to this game forum, its not worth anyone's time to create equally antagonistic sides over it. Let's see if we can't get some developer feedback.

• Like 1

Sexual dimorphism works both ways in a variety of species, and the female can be larger - I won't insult you by stating that you do not know this already, merely stating it so that were clear. I have not checked to see the size difference between the Orlan myself, but I shall take the fervour in this thread as reason enough to trust it.

But above all else:

1) This is fantasy

2) It can happen in our world such as in the Hyena family

3) It may well be a bug

To query is perfectly valid, to turn this into a fight is not. All you need to find out is which 1, 2 or 3 was the cause/reasoning. In the grand scheme of things, even relevant to this game forum, its not worth anyone's time to create equally antagonistic sides over it. Let's see if we can't get some developer feedback.

Thanks for your reasonable post. I was never trying to turn this into a fight, but the people here on Obsidian are apparently not mature enough to acknowledge opinions that deviate from theirs.

I was just pointing out a small detail I've noticed looking at youtube video's of POE. What other people's thoughts are about this and whether Obsidian did that on purpose or it was just a design flaw.

There is an inconsistency in the body size of the orlan (their muscles are not proportional to their length), so maybe it was a design flaw? These trolls have never even considered this might be true, instead they get all upset at me for mentioning that.

Edited by Kiofs

First of all, that has to be racist in some way. And if you argue on the terms of the game, why would you compare Aumaua to Africans? The game already has black humans. 

Edited by TheisEjsing
  • Like 4

First of all, that has to be racist in some way. And if you argue on the terms of the game, why would you compare Aumaua to Africans? The game already has black humans.

I don't understand the statement either, only the human ethnicities are human ethnicities. The fantasy races are fantasy, and even the comparisons made are unbelievably archaic. 'Rough skin and muscular' Africans or 'feminine and intelligent' Asians? Puh-lease, leave those ideas out of a game forum.

Edited by TheNationer
  • Like 1

Opinions that deviate from Obsidian fanboys = Troll

Noticing a possible design flaw = Troll

Criticizing their beloved Obsidian = Troll

Talking about real world races without the intention of being a racist = racist = Troll

I learned a lot from this forum about Obsidian members, thank you! :dancing:

Orlans are orlans. They are not fantasy equivalent of little people. If female orlans are taller then they are taller. It's like telling Tolkien that goblins should be vegans, orcs should be pale and Eowina couldn't fight because she should be in the kitchen.
Your statement is racist and sexist to boot...stop that. Thats my thing!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6520712844 (so many more of these topics when you search on google)

None of these guys complained about racism, but somehow obsidian members do. This proves how close minded you guys are.

I don't know why you guys immediately use the racist card. Does it feel good to be a keyboard white knight who fights "evil racist" people like me?

Stop making yourself feel better by pointing every possible racist comment you see on the forum, it's embarrassing. It doesn't make you a better person.

Edited by Kiofs

• 5 months later...

I meant to say as a reference.

yeeaaahh, it's really foolish for game companies to use real world biology as a reference to create fantasy creature...small minded peeps...

P:E isn't like this at all. P:E's humans have a bunch of ethnicities with different physical characteristics and cultural associations. Most Vailians are Ocean Folk who look like people of African origin, most Ixamitl are Meadow Folk who look like Latins, Boreal Dwarves are inspired by the Inuit, Island Aumaua by Polynesians, Wood Elves are found in at least two entirely different cultures (Aedyr and Glanfathan) and so on.

(Which is a good thing because the list you listed is just... stupid. Clichéd, overdone, lazy, and dumb.)

• Like 2

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

Thank you for your comment PrimeJunta. We tried to add as many ethnicities and cultures into the races and sub-races of Eternity as we could to cover a wide gamut of players from all over the world, which should be mirrored in Eora. And do it naturally, avoiding stereotypes. This will continue to be developed further and expanded upon... 

And yes, female Orlans are taller than male Orlans. 

• Like 14

I actually really like that they made the female's taller than the male's for one race. That's fun. There's a few nation's in our world with taller ladies than men, I lost the stats but anyways good for them for having some fun creating a new race. It's one of those thing's like dwarven women having beards. Just enjoy it and have some fun.

• Like 1

And yes, female Orlans are taller than male Orlans. 

I think that's a great touch!

Although it makes me wonder, if that is actually somehow referenced in-game..like having some impact on their culture, sayings or something. Or at least being somehow acknowledged in a minor way.

And if that means, that orlans might prefer women to be taller. Or if that has any effect to their relations to other races or how they are viewed.

There is a lot that could be done with that.

It's kinda cool either way.

I might as well...  - deviantArt  -  Tumblr  -   Facebook

(warning: don't click, if you can't take evil, vile artists putting their name on their work.)

You suggest the idea that Asians are effeminate or African Americans have "rough skin" might be racist? Your powers of perception are incredible.

And do it naturally, avoiding stereotypes.

-Short stocky bearded dwarfs who are strong and live in mountains

-Elves with pointy ears and an affinity isolation and the for the forest

-All other races that have Males being larger than Females

-The fact that the female orlans are larger than male orlans is a stereotype unto itself. 

Just saying...

Edited by Bazy
  • Like 2

To some spider species, it is common practise for the larger female to devour the male after copulation. How do you like them bananas?

If there were a playable spider species I would love to see that. Then there would have to be a male spider companion terrified of sex. "PC-Name I don't mean to alarm you but I believe that woman over there wishes to copulate with you! Yes the flaxen haired one. Yes I suppose her upper abdomen is large. Oh gods she's approaching!"

Edited by Shdy314
  • Like 3

You suggest the idea that Asians are effeminate or African Americans have "rough skin" might be racist? Your powers of perception are incredible.

Wow! Way to reboot an old thread PJ. (: And oowww, I just got burned. However will I cope.