Should helmits have a bonus vs crits?

ctn2003

:geek:  I don't like helmets being worthless, The way helmets are now i just sell them or take them off so i can see my characters face. Having helmets have a bonus vs crits well give players a small choice at the begging of the game. Well you spend your small amount of gold on a helmet for your character or well you save it for something else? like food or to rest? Now i understand their are magic helmets in the game but their rare and wont be found tell way later on in the game.  Icewind dale 2 had the same problem.

post-85918-0-64739200-1411858843_thumb.png

Edited by ctn2003

Don't personally think bonus vs crits would work in this system - a +5 Deflection would do about the same thing though.

Either way, unenchanted helmets shouldn't be worthless. That's just silly.

If there is going to be an armor bonus for non-magic helmets then shouldn't there be a penalty for reduced vision and head turning as well...;)

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

A small deflection bonus sounds about right.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I actually think they should remain as they are. Magical helmets should give bonuses, but since mundane ones aren't interesting, I'd rather they remain a cosmetic decision.

That, or Obsidian should give them an invisibility switch, as per Divinity:OS. "Make helmets invisible," is an almost ubiquitous mod in fantasy CRPGs at this point, and it's that way for a reason.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

I'm currently checking enchanting and the BB Fighter's helmet can't be enchanted.

Which means we can't make our own enchanted helmet. I personally think they should allow at least +skill increase on helmet, would make them a bit more useful beside decoration.

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

I think helmets could be changed so that they give +1 - +2 DT and -1 - -5 to accuracy. Which gives them role that isn't fully cosmetic but don't make them too overpowered.

That could even be a range. Simple little helmet? Just +1 to DT (Or a minor Deflection bonus... whichever). Full, face-covering helmet? Significantly higher defense bonus (+5 or so), but now a -2 or -3 penalty to Accuracy. I dunno exactly how this plays out in real life with helmets, but you could even do an increased penalty specifically to ranged accuracy. I would think melee accuracy would be less of a problem, since it's harder to see a little pinpoint target you're trying to hit from 30 yards than it is to see where a body is from 2 feet away. *shrug*

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u