The Slow Button/Slow Mode - Use it

Have you actually used this feature? Especially this patch?

I dont see people discussing it, which I find strange since Ive found it to be a good way to think and issue commands in combat instead of making combat a pause-fest. It gives you less time to think and manage everyone perfectly but I find it more enjoyable than pausing every time to issue commands.

The slow also lets you catch enemies using abilities more often.

Im suprised people arent discusing it more considering how many threads about combat there are. It may even make RtwP enjoyable to those who hate RtwP since then it would be RtwS).

For the sake of giving feedback on it: try it. And tell me what you think.

PS:

I would suggest using it on the Medreth fight since you will have to deal with enemy abilities more there. Also use it against the beetles or lions to see how a fight without "oh ****" enemy spells and abilities plays out.

Edited by Fiebras

Personally I haven't gotten around to using it a lot. I mean, I like the idea of it a lot and I could see myself maybe making use of it in some mega-fights that I'm sure we'll see in the full game.

But yeah, it's like the others said. I think the game should be perfectly playable at normal speed, the slow mode shouldn't be a "crutch". The IE games, while I'm not that crazy about the combat in them, were pretty manageable at "normal speed" and I think PoE should strive for that as well. I think it's gotten better with each patch, a lot better actually, but it's not quite "there" yet.

That said, I'm not against testing slow mode of course. It's a feature and one I'm very happy that they're including so...

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I'd much rather they got normal speed in hand, and fixed auto-pause so that it actually works in the helpful way that it did in IE games.

I mean, hell, they could just add a "recovery completed" auto-pause, and that would solve virtually all of my problems.

• Like 2

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

I agree that normal speed should be the speed that everything should be balanced around.

Ill also say Ive found slow mode very useful. I am one of those "micromanage EVERYTHING" types though so YMMV. Maybe combat speed in general should be a bit slower? Maybe not, this patch´s combat seem much more comprehensible.

I like it because it's a great replacement for pause at times.  I was a heavy micromanager in the IE games because I always played dual classed spell casters, so I was pausing all the time.  Now, I can simply issue commands without pausing the game.

Edited by Bill Gates' Son

I like it because it's a great replacement for pause at times.  I was a heavy micromanager in the IE games because I always played dual classed spell casters, so I was pausing all the time.  Now, I can simply issue commands without pausing the game.

Which is IMO when it'd be very good - if used as a substitute for pause. The game shouldn't require slomo any more than it should require pause though - that is to say, sometimes.

If that makes any sense. :p

Haven't played the beta but I always thought this feature would make rtwp more tolerable.  

I'd still pause, cause I like control (as a tb guy)

Plus you can enjoy all the spell effects, ect...more... see the rolls/get the feedback... hope there's a difficulty high enough for that style of play.

Which is IMO when it'd be very good - if used as a substitute for pause. The game shouldn't require slomo any more than it should require pause though - that is to say, sometimes.

If that makes any sense. :p

I cant think of a single RtwP game in which I havent over-used the pause or felt I needed the pause to play well. I do like to take my time and think things though so that might just be me.