[Mod] Sensuki & Matt516's Attribute System

Sensuki

For those (myself primarily) that wanted to try it out and see if our theory was correct, I have modded in our proposed attribute system.

• Might: +% Damage and +% Healing
  • Constitution: +% Endurance and +% Health
  • Dexterity: +% Action Speed
  • Perception: + Accuracy and +% Interrupt
  • Intellect: +% Durations and +% AoEs
  • Resolve: + Deflection and +% Concentration

This one I've actually thoroughly tested and it is working properly ;). It required a bit of troubleshooting to get everything correct.

Download Link: http://www.upload.ee/files/4278808/sensukimatt516.rar.html

U11111ntitled.jpg

Instructions (also included in the rar file):

• BACKUP THESE TWO FILES

X:\Steam\steamapps\common\Pillars of Eternity - Public Beta\PillarsOfEternity_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll

X:\Steam\steamapps\common\Pillars of Eternity - Public Beta\PillarsOfEternity_Data\data\localized\en\text\game\gui.stringtable

• COPY THE CONTENTS OF the rar into your "X:\Steam\steamapps\common\Pillars of Eternity - Public Beta\PillarsOfEternity_Data" directory

• DO NOT submit bug reports with this installed, revert to default when testing

Let me know if you like it in comparison to the PE v301 Attribute system :)

post-42103-0-48939500-1411738395_thumb.jpg

post-42103-0-22921900-1411738402_thumb.jpg

post-42103-0-40955500-1411738406_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Might be a while before many people other than myself test it out as the patch only came out 10 hours ago or whatever, but I thought I'd get it out of the way.

May not have too much time to test this weekend, but I will hit it hard next week for sure.

No. He's not, though it really doesn't matter.

I find males who play as females in games rather obnoxious.

It's like they constantly have to sexually titillate themselves in every aspect of life. My skin just crawls when I see that kind of pathetic behavior.

I think it says more about you that you automatically assume a guy playing as a female character is doing it for sexual tillation. FFS this isn't WoW.

• Like 16

No. He's not, though it really doesn't matter.

I find males who play as females in games rather obnoxious.

It's like they constantly have to sexually titillate themselves in every aspect of life. My skin just crawls when I see that kind of pathetic behavior.

I think it says more about you that you automatically assume a guy playing as a female character is doing it for sexual tillation. FFS this isn't WoW.

I'm sure rag-doll effects play a very important role in that kind of sexual titillation.

• Like 9

Let's get back on the topic shall we? Keep your romance threads out of our mechanics thread TYVM.

Edited by Hormalakh
  • Like 2

My blog is where I'm keeping a record of all of my suggestions and bug mentions.

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/  UPDATED 9/26/2014

My DXdiag:

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/2014/08/beta-begins-v257.html

Well I'm still under the opinion that resolve and duration go together, so I was pretty happy when they changed it to that. It just makes sense to me. However it does create a problem with Intellect. I still reckon it should have healing, but I guess that's not going to change any time soon. I think the problem with the attribute is that everyone has a different opinion on what they should achieve. I come under the 'it should make sense in a role playing sense' (I'm also the kind of person who had characters with 8 strength 18 charisma and a constitution that is never higher than 10, mages with no damage dealing spells, and bards when playing BG and other such games - needless to say the characters I play are always as useless in combat as I can make them), so I reckon:

Might: Damage, Interrupt

Constitution: Health, Endurance

Dexterity: Action Speed, Deflection

Perception: Accuracy, (I'm fine with range but I know you don't agree)

Intellect: AoE, Healing (which I know kinda keeps Intellect as a rather sub-par stat)

Resolve: Duration, Concentration

But I also know there's probably a whole bunch of arguments against this, so I'm not really sure what's for the best. But honestly all I really want is for duration to stick with resolve, 'cos to me the words resolve and duration really go together (and that's all the reasoning I need).

Edited by lychee26
  • Like 1

Action speed alone is still a crappy stat almost anyone can ignore as you will get more benefit from almost any other stat, maybe dual wielders will get mileage out of it.  That aside I would rather have gone with what you posted than what they did actually do.

Also as for my earlier post.... it was a joke.  I am perfectly well aware Sensuki is a guy, life isn't worth living if you have to do it without humor.

• Like 2

Ooh, exciting! Looking forward to giving this a shot.

Also, have you given any thought to splitting Duration and AoE onto different stats, as Obsidian did for 301? I actually felt that was quite reasonable, but I dunno if there's a way to make that fit into your model of things.

Also as for my earlier post.... it was a joke.  I am perfectly well aware Sensuki is a guy, life isn't worth living if you have to do it without humor.

With respect, remember Poe's Law.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.