New Talents in [301]

Doppelschwert

From my initial look they seem to all share the same talents. Correct me if I'm wrong.

You're wrong. E.g. Cipher has a talent that increases the points gained from attacking.

That's not a new talent.

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

From my initial look they seem to all share the same talents. Correct me if I'm wrong.

You're wrong. E.g. Cipher has a talent that increases the points gained from attacking.

That's not a new talent.

I know. BlueLion stated that there are no class-specific talents.

Hmm, am I the only one that thinks that weapon spec/new talents should be separate from class abilities?

With only 1 to choose from, and quite rarely, don't see much reason to pick any of them, and instead always go for the class one. If acquisition process was separate between core class abilities and others, might actually be able to spec properly, but as it is, I don't see the point :/

• Like 1

It's hard to remember all of them when you are no in the game.  From what I remember.

There are a few that increase defense against a bunch of stuff.

There are some that reads like D&D 3.5e feats thematically: Savage Attack is pretty much Power Attack for example.

There is one that add poison damage to all your weapon attacks.

The rest I don't remember properly.

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

Instead of that can't just the talents have both passive and active members? Like D&D feats. Frankly that is where the talents seem to be inspired from. 

"The essence of balance is detachment. To embrace a cause, to grow fond or spiteful, is to lose one's balance, after which, no action can be trusted. Our burden is not for the dependent of spirit."

D&D rules in IE gave you weapon specialization points. At the moment the class-specific talents are so much better for your class and abilities than the general/"available-to-everyone" weapon and defense talents that its not even a contest (with the exception of the defense against prone talents). The problem is that without weapon specialization accuracy bonuses you are doomed to tickle everything to death unless you put serious points in Perception.

I really think we should be able to have a separate selection for "weapon + defense" talents every 2 or 5 levels or a bonus talent every 2 or 5 levels so we can take a weapon specialization and defense talent.

Since 10 Perception means ALL your hits will be grazes I think its pretty necesary for classes to take a specialization unless you have 22 perception like the BB Rouge. In addition to this Base Accuracy for all classes should maybe be a bit higher so you arent just grazing everything.

Edit: All the characters in my party had 10 perception except for the Wizard´s 12 and the Rouge´s 22, with no weapon specializaton that Im aware off. Also the Rouge ha Reckless assault (+10 ranged accuracy, + 1.2 damage):

8OZ6i2Y.png

Considering enemies have +200 hp at minimum this can get silly.

Edited by Fiebras