[301] Heavy Armor slash-specific DT not working (not sure if this is generalized to all armors or not)

Matt516

Question

[Description]

When I attack BB Fighter with a Greatsword, the normal DT of 12 is applied instead of the slash-specific DT of 18. Also goes for the % reduction.

[Reproduction]

Start a New Game

Attack BB Fighter with a slashing weapon (I used Greatsword)

Observe in the combat log that his armor is using the DT of 12 instead of 18

[Expected Behavior]

Heavy armor should use DT 18 vs Greatsword slashing. This could be due to Greatsword actually using best of slashing/piercing (I'm not sure if it does that or not), but if so the wrong type of damage is showing up in the damage log. So bugged either way.

[Notes]

post-66969-0-64031100-1411713658_thumb.jpg

post-66969-0-86216500-1411713665_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

7 answers to this question

I think DR was always in, it was just never mentioned. Because the math never added up before, damage was always a bit lower than damage roll - DT would predict. Or it could just be an unrelated bug that was fixed in the same patch DR was introduced.

Hello all, 

Thank you for the feedback!

[Description]

When I attack BB Fighter with a Greatsword, the normal DT of 12 is applied instead of the slash-specific DT of 18. Also goes for the % reduction.

[Reproduction]

Start a New Game

Attack BB Fighter with a slashing weapon (I used Greatsword)

Observe in the combat log that his armor is using the DT of 12 instead of 18

[Expected Behavior]

Heavy armor should use DT 18 vs Greatsword slashing. This could be due to Greatsword actually using best of slashing/piercing (I'm not sure if it does that or not), but if so the wrong type of damage is showing up in the damage log. So bugged either way.

[Notes]

attachicon.gif301 heavy armor slash damage not working.JPG

attachicon.gif301 heavy armor slash damage not working 2.JPG

You are right that the Greatsword is actually doing piercing damage in this case, but not displaying that in the combat log. This is an issue we are working to resolve and should be the case for all Best of weapons. I will add this to the known issues list and link this thread for others to see as well.

As for DR and DT on armor, both of these are used to calculate damage on armored characters. This is why damage calculations did not always add up in the combat log in prior builds. DT affects the low end of damage, while DR is more important when higher damage values are considered.

Thank you all for the support! If you have any other questions or concerns about DR and/or DT I would ask that these be moved to the discussion forums if not bug related.

Thanks!

Thanks! A related bug then - the greatsword currently isn't showing as a "best of" weapon in the inventory when right clicked. I assume that's related to the damage ranges not being shown.

This is actually related to another known issue many (and sometimes all) weapons are not showing their damage and damage types when moused over or right-clicked. There might already be a thread about this. I also need to add it to the known issues list.

Thanks!