[301] Favorite Fixes

Matt516

I also found this beta version *way* easier than the others. I didn't keep track much of what was happening mechanically so I don't know if there's some bug in place but enemies went down *really* fast. Way too easy.

I think the trash mobs are about right, but the special encounters are a bit too weak.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Love the new Godlike head models. Especially the Death Godlikes. Moon and fire Godlikes look so much beter with hair. Super props to the modelers. Death Godlikes when from "okay" to favourite Godlike models. Is it me or do Orlan have better eyes in general? They seem clearer than I remember. (Aumaua still need texture clarity though. Yes, ill never stop with this.)

New head models? Godlike with hair? Why am I not seeing these on mine?

Also, the Aumaua do need a whole redo so that they appear more akin to the portraits of them, which look fantastic. Anyone know why one of the Aumaua portraits has a beard when we can't make one with a beard?

Female Fire and Moon Godlikes have hair now. Male Death Godlikes have one or two new models, Female Moon Godlikes have one new model, also with hair. I think some Death Godlike heads were removed/reworked. They look good IMO. Now they need their own portraits.

And yeah Ive been whining about the Aumaua models for a while since their portraits all look so good but the models dont reflect them/do them justice. I think the biggest fault likes in the muddy textures.

Edited by Fiebras

People need to stop comparing the damage of BB Rogue and BB Fighter and concluding that one factor (class, attributes, etc) is causing the damage to be different. Look at the abilities and look at the math. All other things equal, Rogues ARE better at dealing damage than Fighters. But all other things are not equal with BB Rogue and BB Fighter. Drawing grand conclusions about the classes from the performance of the BB characters is silly. Just look at the numbers.

• Like 2

BB Rogue has 2 abilities Minor Threat and Dirty Fighting that effectively increase your crit range by 20%.  BB Rogue also has Reckless Assault Modal which increases damage by 20% and gives an additional 10 accuracy.  Sneak Attacks deal x2 damage (supposedly) and Crippling Strike has a 1.25 damage modifier and that's not even mentioning Deathblows.  BB Rogue also has nearly double the base accuracy of everyone else with the modal up.  But none of these % increases matter at all if you're dumb enough to be using one-handed weapons or a bow right now.  My BB Rogue crit a wurm for 369 damage.  Do you think anyone else could even come close to that?

The only time BB Fighter should be out damaging BB Rogue is if you don't know how to use BB Rogue.

Edited by Razsius

BB Rogue has 2 abilities Minor Threat and Dirty Fighting that effectively increase your crit range by 20%.  BB Rogue also has Reckless Assault Modal which increases damage by 20% and gives an additional 10 accuracy.  Sneak Attacks deal x2 damage (supposedly) and Crippling Strike has a 1.25 damage modifier and that's not even mentioning Deathblows.  BB Rogue also has nearly double the base accuracy of everyone else with the modal up.  But none of these % increases matter at all if you're dumb enough to be using one-handed weapons or a bow right now.  My BB Rogue crit a wurm for 369 damage.  Do you think anyone else could even come close to that?

The only time BB Fighter should be out damaging BB Rogue is if you don't know how to use BB Rogue.

So you are using a 2H weapon on your rogue?

It's not like rogues usually use 1h weapons or anything  :getlost: crazy retards trying to use smallish weapons on a character class known for smaller more precise weapons.

Guess they haven't gotten around to balancing weapon damage. What is the issue with 1h weapons atm in your opinion?

I think hes refering to the Arquebus, GreyFox.

Razsius, do consider that BB Rogue is probably the most min/maxed BB companion. She has 22 Perception (Orlans get +2 perception but even so 22 Perception is downright HACKS since you cant get that much in character creation no matter what combination you go with), her racial bonus is perfect for her (hits into crits), comes with the second lightest armor in the game and has one of the most fast-attacking ranged weapons.

Regarding autoattacks The Rogue is probably the class that does the most damage. But then you have things like the Cipher that not only does decent autoattack damage but also has his abilities and CC.

Rogues have 25 accuracy, and the only other class that has that are Monks, Fighters and Rangers. I think Rangers can have the same DPS as a Rouge if not more thanks to Marked prey and animal companion bonuses but they are a bit buggy ATM.

There are other sources of damage beyond autoattacks though.

Edited by Fiebras

So you are using a 2H weapon on your rogue?

It's not like rogues usually use 1h weapons or anything  :getlost: crazy retards trying to use smallish weapons on a character class known for smaller more precise weapons.

Guess they haven't gotten around to balancing weapon damage. What is the issue with 1h weapons atm in your opinion?

Arbalest actually (guns almost never drop for me).  It's standard procedure for me to use rogues in my back line which is sort of a carry over from how I played them in BG series and IWD.  I usually outfit my BB Fighter with the larger shield from BB Priest then swap his one hand to a hachet (though it probably doesn't work right now).  When he sits at ~70 deflection or ~90 with the defense buff up enemies miss and graze all day every day on him. The nice thing about outfitting the rogue with a ranged weapon is you can actually get sneak attacks off from the back line which is bloody nice.  It took maybe 2 attempts at the original release of the backer beta for me to realize bows and 1 handed weapons just weren't doing much.  About the only 1 hander that's going to pack any punch at all is the mace with it's -5 DT and non-dagger damage range but I haven't seen it aside from character creation.  Ironically, BB Fighter still manages to do some damage even though I gear him full tank.  I'd say his high might and confident aim play a big part.

For example, I always start with Barbarian as my go to testing character.  He's definitely not the strongest character class but I always try a dual wield build with him and it just doesn't work.  I was dueling a fine spear + fine stiletto with him and doing anywhere from okay to junk damage depending on whether I was beating on spiders or beetles.  They finally added decent loot to the brigands near the dragon egg so I looted the exceptional estoc and gave it to my Barb even though he was specifically built for the dual wield.  He started destroying thereafter regularly criting in the 60s with a less than ideal might range. 

I'd say the biggest problem with the "fast" weapons is that DT can absolutely gut the damage range of them.  When you damage range is between 12-20 a stone beetle's 15 DT is going to ruin your day and that's before the DR kicks in.  I'd say DT on just about everything is just too bloody high.  I don't want it completely removed like Sen but significantly toned down.  In a perfect world for example armors would look something like this:

Robe - 0 DT and DR but a baseline 5% casting speed buff

Monk Robe - 0 DT and DR but a baseline 5% attack speed buff

Padded Armor - 1 DT, maybe starts ~10% DR range, 5% RT penalty

Hide Armor - 2 DT, ?% DR, 10% RT penalty

Leather Armor - 3 DT, ?% DR, 15% RT penalty (the RT penalty is halved right here and it has the current robe's RT penalty)

Scale Armor - 4 DT, ?% DR, 20% RT penalty, potential bonus DR on select attacks for being a metal based armor

Breast Plate - 5 DT, ?% DR, 25% RT penalty, potential bonus DR (as above)

Chain Mail - 6 DT, ?%DR, 30% RT penalty, potential bonus DR (as above)

Brigandine - 7 DT, ?%DR, 35% RT penalty, potential bonus DR (as above)

Full Plate - 8 DT, ?%DR, 40% RT penalty, potential bonus DR (as above)

Wildlife should take into account those values as well.  So maybe Stone beetle starts at 10 DT rather than 15 and spiders are ~1-2 rather than 5.

The baseline DT should be applied to all attacks as currently depending on damage type an armor will have a different value.  Scale armor currently has a DT of 9 but only 4 on a piercing attack right now.  It should be closer to Fallout's system with DT accounting for all attacks then the % decrease based on the damage type (maybe even -% depending on damage).  Lastly, fine + exceptional modifiers should increase the DR rather than the DT on armors because that's the universal damage reduction stat anyways.

After all that maybe fast weapons still need a buff but who knows.

Edited by Razsius

I also found this beta version *way* easier than the others. I didn't keep track much of what was happening mechanically so I don't know if there's some bug in place but enemies went down *really* fast. Way too easy.

I think there is some kind of bug with the dificulty setting.

I started the game on hard and the fights were pretty tough, but after i died once in the orge cave, everything became cakewalk the second time.

Spiders were dropping like flies all of a sudden. Tried moving the difficulty slder, but nothing changed.

I noticed i was no longer getting poisoned by the spiders also.

Edited by Cubiq

Medreth and his gang are pretty tough now ...   :o

Serious? I found them easier in this update than previous updates. In fact I've found every fight seems to have been toned down quite considerably.

Hm... If the cowled dwarf no longer has 165 deflection in the current, I might give it another try. *starts game*

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

I LOVE the new combat UI changes. I feel like I have such a clearer picture of what is going on now. I was able to use arcane view preemptively and save my wizard from becoming beetle chow with greater reliability. 

I love the new armor stats (as I have said in other places, I also love jsawyer mod for FONV, so that may have something to do with it).