New build feedback

Headbomb

By Odin's Manly Beard... someone did a polish run on this one. I mean it's not release quality yet, but just moving around... the sounds. The opening of stuff. The responsiveness... I've yet to take everything in, still didn't go into combat, but it feels so right...

This feels like the first time you get a pair of glasses after you've spent a life seeing like crap.

• Like 7

Yes but when i kill a Pearson i want hes exact stuff. why cant i get the armor the gourds have? That's HAS to be changed.   But the inventory is going to right way. - makes me very happy BUT why cant i drop items on the ground?? i can magically carry as much stuff as a want? but i cant drop things on the ground??

Yes but when i kill a Pearson i want hes exact stuff. why cant i get the armor the gourds have? That's HAS to be changed.   But the inventory is going to right way. - makes me very happy BUT why cant i drop items on the ground?? i can magically carry as much stuff as a want? but i cant drop things on the ground??

Someone over at the codex said that they're not implementing dropping items on the ground because (a) it makes the save/reload system much harder to implement and (b) it's not needed anyway because you can drop everything into the stash.

Edited by MasterPrudent
  • Like 2

Can we get rid of unwanted things somehow though? It'd be nice to have some way of doing that. If everything is sellable, golden. If not, I might have to take issue with this "no dropping things on the ground" business. Especially not with a flimsy excuse about it messing up save/reloads. These guys are professional game devs - they can figure out how to make items droppable on the ground without screwing up save/reload systems. :p

Edited by Matt516
  • Like 7

That's SO stupid! im sorry but i don't see how dropping items on the ground well mess up save systems at all. i still want a way to drop items on the ground i don't want piles and piles of  armor in my stash possibly slowing down the game. (you cant sell it all to 1 merchant) wouldn't that make having an inventory useless anyways? :banghead:

I hope they re work things so i dont have to have sort threw stuff in the stash :/

Edited by ctn2003

I absolutely HATE the new mouse over highlighting, is there any way we can turn that off ? Why the hell was that added in, it's totally unnecessary ...

(Edit: Well actually if it was changed so that it only showed when using certain actions that would be better, all the time is overkill)

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 3

Uhhhhhhhhhh okay, now there's like no beetles at the start of the Dyrford Crossing area .... so the solution was to remove a fun fight from the game rather than make the beetles do less health damage .... that's screwed if you ask me

I'll have to see if there's a larger one deeper in ... that's no fun anymore.

Edited by Sensuki

Less trash mob encounters? If there is, how does that translate to overall encounters on the map? Does the map feel more BG1 with wide open spaces between enemies?

That's a small misrepresentation on Sen's part.  The pack he's referring to is the first beetle pack he pulls in his Sensuki vs. The Beetles videos which consists of 2 stone beetles and 2 wood beetles.  You can now pull that pack as 2 stone then 1 wood then a second wood beetle.  So they are unlinked now and you can make it 3 pulls instead of 1.  Same total amount of enemies from what i've seen so far.  The maps are just as cramped as you remember them.

As a side note, my BB Rogue is absolutely DESTROYING anything that so much as looks at her.  Crit a wurm for 369 damage.  Think the accuracy buff might've made her stronger but i'm unsure.

Edit: Patch notes are in the announcements forum.

Edited by Razsius
  • Like 1

IN BEFORE INTELLECT IS A DUMP STAT - HEARD IT HERE FIRST

Intellect is ... very specific, I would say. I can see why a single-targeting ranged class would not need to have intellect. Fighters and other front-liners can use the deflection bonus. Barbarians can use the AOE. Same with all spells with AoE.

Edited by Hormalakh
  • Like 2

My blog is where I'm keeping a record of all of my suggestions and bug mentions.

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/  UPDATED 9/26/2014

My DXdiag:

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/2014/08/beta-begins-v257.html

That's a small misrepresentation on Sen's part.

No it isn't. There are less beetles. They have removed beetles from every single encounter on the map.

Adding range is a dumb idea as well, useless for Barbarians, Monks and Fighters especially.

There should still be at least one super beetle group. All they needed to do was *MOVE* the encounter, not REMOVE it.

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 2

Having one useless stat for each class is better than having the same two useless stats for all classes. They're getting there.

Edited by Hormalakh
  • Like 5

My blog is where I'm keeping a record of all of my suggestions and bug mentions.

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/  UPDATED 9/26/2014

My DXdiag:

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/2014/08/beta-begins-v257.html

I absolutely HATE the new mouse over highlighting, is there any way we can turn that off ? Why the hell was that added in, it's totally unnecessary ...

(Edit: Well actually if it was changed so that it only showed when using certain actions that would be better, all the time is overkill)

I do agree that it's a bit jarring at first, especially to a player expecting an IE game experience. We've internally talked about possibly making it a combat only feature, which I think is reasonable. So far from my experience the highlights help a lot when trying to pick out a character in chaotic combat situations, and works wonders with AOE placement.

• Like 8

@Kaz

It would be good if it only came up when using an attack, ability or spell cursor :)

I don't think it's necessary if you just want to mouse over someone.

I would have thought a targeting reticle would have been higher priority than that feature as well, you need to be able to clearly see who is attacking who.

Having one useless stat for each class is better than having the same two useless stats for all classes. They're getting there.

Working on my Attribute mod now, changed over the actual values, now working on the UI parts.

Edited by Sensuki

Exactly. And remember to distinguish between classes and archetypes. All attributes should be useful in some way for all classes - but that doesn't mean all attributes should be useful in some way for all archetypes. The first is an admirable design goal and a huge improvement over D&D, the second is impossible to achieve (at least without a lot more effort than its worth).

• Like 5