Backer Beta Build 301 is Live

BAdler

I don't see a single stat that I'd want to take, for any type of character really. Well done. I particularly like the idea of increasing attack range from perception.

Except that it's terrible for Barbarians, Fighters and Monks. Which is failing the stated design goals.

It doesn't though, because the stated design goals we're about attributes, not components of attributes. Perception is still useful to those classes, so it's fine. Besides, Range really isn't useful for the classes that can use it anyway.

I have only 3 comments

-Resolve seems very broken.

-Is dexterity really "attack speed" only, or is it for "speed?"?

-Perception seems way too ranged, centric, and needs something to make it more attractive for melee classes.

Some nice changes and feels more like a beta now, and great that your listening to the feedback.

New colour changes on health as it gets lower is nice, new spell icons animations etc.

Agree with person earlier move culture before stats so don't have to go back to stats if they change.

Stats still seem a bit off, Might should not include spell and healing damage. Wizards with max Might just seems wrong in every sense.

Move deflection to dexterity, being smart doesn't really help u deflect things being quick does. 

Could Druid animals have a better tooltip as character Generation, only change between them seems cosmetic, as nothing tells you different.

Hope priest lvl 2 spells + will be getting the new icons too.

Rangers still start with less than max health and animal companion shows as a white bubble on UI.

Bad sign; no mention at all of fixing the rottenness of the core game: everything being out of sync, poor animations, no animations, rigidness of combat, etc., etc.

They didn't even deign to post a single response about this on the main thread.

What did you expect for round about 4 million USD? Maybe you should try out a The Witcher I or II or Dragon Age. They spent 20 or 30 times as much money to develop their games. Obviously this is a game not designed for the main stream. Even if it had rd. about 80.000 backers. When you think that this game is rotten, this is the wrong place for you.

Well what can I say this version is more broken than the last.

Started a new game as both a ranger and a druid, switched from my ranger to my druid save games (both new games for this build) and could not select my druid by his portrait only by clicking on his body, also he had the white bubble next to his portrait normally a ranger pet.

Thought I would try the lion/druid area out rather than go through the quests again.  For some reason my entire party received a movement buff, no icon to tell me where it was from and continued after I rested, so I was zooming around the area, fun but I don't think intended.

I entered the spider dungeon cleared it only to get to the webbed tunnel, cleared the web with my fighter and 2 of my party members fell during the battle with the spiderlings that ambush you. After the fight had finished my 2 fallen party members would not get back on there feet even though they had half health left so were not fully dead.

Decided to give up at this point and wait for a new build as on top of those major bugs every time I tried to use the priests innate healing ability not a spell I would have to click the button around 5-10 times to select it, it goes dark green and begins to cast, this happened with other abilities too, such as the druids bear form.

So yes you have made some nice changes, abilities getting there (still not brilliant) new spell icons, feels smoother et, there are many more things still very broken.  This version is les playable than the last for me.

Well what can I say this version is more broken than the last.

Started a new game as both a ranger and a druid, switched from my ranger to my druid save games (both new games for this build) and could not select my druid by his portrait only by clicking on his body, also he had the white bubble next to his portrait normally a ranger pet.

Thought I would try the lion/druid area out rather than go through the quests again.  For some reason my entire party received a movement buff, no icon to tell me where it was from and continued after I rested, so I was zooming around the area, fun but I don't think intended.

I entered the spider dungeon cleared it only to get to the webbed tunnel, cleared the web with my fighter and 2 of my party members fell during the battle with the spiderlings that ambush you. After the fight had finished my 2 fallen party members would not get back on there feet even though they had half health left so were not fully dead.

Decided to give up at this point and wait for a new build as on top of those major bugs every time I tried to use the priests innate healing ability not a spell I would have to click the button around 5-10 times to select it, it goes dark green and begins to cast, this happened with other abilities too, such as the druids bear form.

So yes you have made some nice changes, abilities getting there (still not brilliant) new spell icons, feels smoother et, there are many more things still very broken.  This version is les playable than the last for me.

instead of just complaining you should file some bugs. for myself, this version is much more stable than the last, though obviously this may vary from person to person. if you don't file bugs, it'll be harder for developers to actually know what are the most problematic issues.

Stealth has been revised:

The new stealth system relies on the distance of a scouting character from an NPC to determine how quickly the creature will enter Alert and Combat states. A comparison of characters' individual Stealth skill ratings and creatures' levels modifies this rate.  N.b.: A character that does not have LoS on the creature is not considered to be "inside" their radius.

When characters enter the scouting state, they gain a Stealth Meter.  Currently, it's simply a solid circle completely filled with color (green or, if in colorblind mode, blue).  This is a basic implementation and the art will change. Every NPC in the world has one of five stealth detection ratings (from Oblivious to Supernatural) that correspond to radii in the game.

When a scouting character gets into a creature's stealth detection range, their Stealth Meter will start filling from green/blue to yellow.  This informs the player of how much time they have before the creature will enter Alert and Combat states.  If the meter fills completely yellow, the creature will move up to a constant-defined max distance toward the character (e.g. 3m).  At the same time, the yellow meter will begin to fill red.  If the meter reaches full red, the scouting state is dropped, the character is detected, and hostile creatures enter Combat.

We will have a base rate at which these fills occur, but they can be modified by two elements: 1) the relationship between the character's Stealth and the target's level 2) the character's proximity to the target within the radius.  The two modifiers both directly multiply the standard rate.

While this system is fully implemented, it has not been tuned and does not have final art.

This is so very much appreciated. :)

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

I am having an issue with the latest patch, it says disk full and is giving me an error through steam. Is anyone else having this issue?

Do you have available hard drive space on your computer?

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

How is the update overall? I spent only around 30 minutes looking at it. I can't seem to tear myself away from WL2.

I love the update. Stealth is way better, combat feedback is better, spellcasting is better, and at least for me the game is much stabler, though there are still some weirdness and issues.