Repeatable Crash after leaving Tavern (After First Visit)

Lewisbrennan

Question

So I've had this beta since release but unfortunately I've not been able to play it for any longer than 20 minutes at a time. Having tried it again last night since I heard there was a new patch, unfortunately I'm experiencing the same problem.

Every play through I've had so far:

1 - Make character 

2 - Talk to Medreth, Townsguard

3 - Enter Tavern

4 - Speak to the Lord, Sid, Nyfre (Helping her to escape)

5 - Go back downstairs, leave the inn.

6 - Crash.

Unfortunately I've also been unable to load my save games, and having tried alternate routes i.e. just walking out into the wild, I've also experienced crashes.

I've attached my log, hope this helps.

output_log.txt

4 answers to this question

I'm just curious if I'm the only person having this problem? I've had some cursory glances on the forum and google and whilst I've seen a few other people experiencing crashes I haven't seen much attention focused on them relative to other issues.

I understand this is a Beta but it would be helpful to know that this problem has at least been acknowledged. 

I've tried reproducing this crash with your exact set of steps and simply cannot. Best advice i can give you is to attach a savegame of everything up to step 6 although I suspect its not related to quest state or anything like that and a savegame will not not record the problem.

Thanks for trying to re-produce the crash, I'm under the impression that its a problem on my end unfortunately.

Now the game seems to close it-self after selecting New Game, no crash report or anything.

Guess I'll just have to hope retail works, guess I have no qualms about donating money to Obsidian.