New Backer Beta Patch

BAdler

Hey, guys. It has been a while so I wanted to let you know that we are still working on a new patch for you guys. There are still some issues we want to iron out, but we are hoping we can put a new patch out sometime in the next few days. Once things look a little more locked down I will add more info.

• Like 27

1) Thanks for the update!

2) Any previews of new features to look forward to? :)

Not anything in particular. We have spent a good portion of the past couple of weeks trying to add in and modify UI and AI so that combat feels a little better. There are a ton of other fixes throughout the build, as well.

• Like 2

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to it. Maybe Sensuki can give us a heads up on possible features for this patch? (I believe he's been given a brief idea? Correct me if I'm wrong).

I haven't spoken to Sensuki about anything that will be in the patch, but he may have talked to another developer.

• Like 2

Launching today or tomorrow?

e: I've just been reading what other people have been saying. Josh has posted a few things that will be in the patch on Something Awful and the like.

For the record those were:

Improved AI - David Szymczyk assigned to write new AI clauses 

Health system changes

Fog of war will be closer

Possible Attributes change

Larger Quest and Stash UI windows

Targeting Reticles

Major clothing color for NPCs in combat log

Gibs and hit effects

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 1

I know I am beating a dead horse, but Mac beta eta?

Adam is working on the Mac build right now. It has a recurring crash and Adam has tracked it down to our use of our string database. There are also some other issues that are most likely due to file path differences that will need to be tracked down and squashed.

• Like 2

Anxious about the new patch because the current AI, combat state, and UI make the game sort of "un-fun" to play.

Hoping more bugs are squashed as well in the mean time. Also, optimization.

Edited by Hormalakh
  • Like 1

My blog is where I'm keeping a record of all of my suggestions and bug mentions.

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/  UPDATED 9/26/2014

My DXdiag:

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/2014/08/beta-begins-v257.html

Launching today or tomorrow?

e: I've just been reading what other people have been saying. Josh has posted a few things that will be in the patch on Something Awful and the like.

For the record those were:

Improved AI - David Szymczyk assigned to write new AI clauses 

Health system changes

Fog of war will be closer

Possible Attributes change

Larger Quest and Stash UI windows

Targeting Reticles

Major clothing color for NPCs in combat log

Gibs and hit effects

Probably today. I am having QA run through it right now to make sure it is generally stable for release.

• Like 4

Anxious about the new patch because the current AI, combat state, and UI make the game sort of "un-fun" to play.

Hoping more bugs are squashed as well in the mean time. Also, optimization.

We have identified lots of things for optimization, but we haven't started full force on them yet.

• Like 2

ah yes those, using absolute (windows) path instead of relative path ?

Some, but some are case sensitivity problems. More for the Linux build, but Mac can suffer from problems too.

Ah so pretty much the classic bugs for people moving from a tradition of windows development to a Unix based OS. Still good to see progress is being made.

• Like 1

Thanks !

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ I ' M ★  ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ B L A C K S T A R   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 

• 3 weeks later...