Sensuki's Suggestions #019: Desynchronized Character Movement

Sensuki

If it doesn't upset the ai pathing in tight spaces, I'm for it.

Adding a small amount of randomness should improve pathing because it will make it less likely that two characters will get to the same place at the same time. There will be individual exceptions, e.g. a character that was further away that started moving earlier than one that was closer, but on balance, it should make pathing easier to get right.

In The Infinity Games this made the ai bump in to each other in corridors and such. Then they either stopped or pathed the long way around, if there was one.

• 3 months later...

This got added to the fix list :)

I am curious how do you know this?

Also, you could do a comparison of NPC  density in towns between Josh's livestream footage and BG for example.

This game needs to be more populated badly!

Edited by Grotesque

After my realization that White March has the same XP reward problem, I don't even have the drive to launch game anymore because I hated so much reaching Twin Elms with a level cap in vanilla PoE that I don't wish to relive that experience.

If it doesn't upset the ai pathing in tight spaces, I'm for it.

Adding a small amount of randomness should improve pathing because it will make it less likely that two characters will get to the same place at the same time. There will be individual exceptions, e.g. a character that was further away that started moving earlier than one that was closer, but on balance, it should make pathing easier to get right.

In The Infinity Games this made the ai bump in to each other in corridors and such. Then they either stopped or pathed the long way around, if there was one.

(Whoops, I missed this before the thread necro.) I don't think so. I think you would see the same thing if the movement timing differences were removed. If you issue an order to the characters to go to a location, they will be  less likely to get there at exactly the same time if they don't move in lockstep but, since the differences are small (just a few milliseconds), it isn't enough to really matter that much.

This got added to the fix list :)

I am curious how do you know this?

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/70048-392-issue-droid-army/

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Granted 90% of video games all walk like robot army BG is a example of a big buget classic game Poe is more like TOEE or somthing like that i know its not 1998 anymore :/ (i wish it was) but i guess we well just have to have the right mind set when this game comes out - id still give this game a 4 out of 5 at the momment - even with the bad combat.

i WISH this could be fixed but if they dont at least the voice acting is a trillen times better than TOEE whitch has some of the worst VO ever