Drama in indy gaming and games journalism

Gorth

Start of old thread

End of old thread

Titanium Dragon, one of the only pro-GG editors on the Wikipedia article on #GamerGate, has been banned.

http://i.imgur.com/gYvqWOA.jpg

Especially the gamergate article at wikipedia is really onesided. Almost everything anti-GG is stated as a fact and pro-GG stuff is always "alleged" if it's even mentioned.

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

That's what bothers me most about this, all the censorship and not being able to have an opinion. And I don't mean that it'll get shouted down, I mean you become a target for more serious threats.

I am increasingly weary of GamerGate, especially because harassment is still being carried out in its name, and I have stopped "flying the colors" so to speak, but on a whole the hardline cultural marxists on the anti-gamergate side are by far the most terrible people I have ever encountered on the internet. I've seen some of the nonsense leveled at women in online games with my own eyes, hell I've been harassed because people made me out to be an "SJW" before, but that is practically benign compared to the stuff these people are doing. Sending random people envelopes filled with white powder and unsheathed syringes for tweeting in support of #GamerGate or #NotYourShield, calling their employers with false allegations and getting them fired? Publicly outing trans and homosexual people who identified with #NotYourShield to their families and friends? I kindof get it when people harass and theaten the forefront people, like the Breitbart guy or Sarkeesian. I condemn it, but I see why they would be targeted by hardline idiots on both sides. But random people who just made a couple of nonoffensive tweets with a hashtag? That's beyond reprehensible.

• Like 4

Sending random people envelopes filled with white powder and unsheathed syringes for tweeting in support of #GamerGate or #NotYourShield, calling their employers with false allegations and getting them fired? Publicly outing trans and homosexual people who identified with #NotYourShield to their families and friends? 

Wow, that's... beyond ****ty. Links please?

• Like 1

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Looking for them now. The #GamerGate tag is going so fast it's hard to find anything again.

Here's the first instance of a syringe, which was against the Breitbart guy, but the syringe has been reported more often:

https://twitter.com/Nero/status/513666683916255232

Trans person being threatened with getting outed (I verified that the tweets exist, this is just easier) over the phone:

https://twitter.com/FartToContinue/status/513180768752115712/photo/1

Jason Miller, the black man who claims to have started #NotYourShield and is not a member of 4chan, was fired after his employers received complaints of "misogynist behaviour". Can't find the source but he reported it personally. I just keep forgetting what his twitter feed is and when I google his name I just get some wrestler.

Wanting to get a journalist covering GamerGate positively to be arrested. (Could be the Breitbart guy again, don't know any others)

https://archive.today/N56fj

White powder was a friend of mine who shall remain unnamed. Sorry.

Can't find the source for Jason Miller getting fired. Sorry.

Did find this though: https://twitter.com/DoctorWatkins/status/514185951435046912/photo/1

Edited by TrueNeutral
  • Like 1

Looking for them now. The #GamerGate tag is going so fast it's hard to find anything again.

Here's the first instance of a syringe, which was against the Breitbart guy, but the syringe has been reported more often:

Trans person being threatened with getting outed (I verified that the tweets exist, this is just easier) over the phone:

Jason Miller, the black man who claims to have started #NotYourShield and is not a member of 4chan, was fired after his employers received complaints of "misogynist behaviour". Can't find the source but he reported it personally. I just keep forgetting what his twitter feed is and when I google his name I just get some wrestler.

Wanting to get a journalist covering GamerGate positively to be arrested. (Could be the Breitbart guy again, don't know any others)

Did find this though: https://twitter.com/DoctorWatkins/status/514185951435046912/photo/1

No offense TN but is social media really irrefutable proof of anything? Like that photo of the syringe...how do you know its real?

Can you possibly post some credible links that can be verified?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

That's what bothers me most about this, all the censorship and not being able to have an opinion. And I don't mean that it'll get shouted down, I mean you become a target for more serious threats.

I am increasingly weary of GamerGate, especially because harassment is still being carried out in its name, and I have stopped "flying the colors" so to speak, but on a whole the hardline cultural marxists on the anti-gamergate side are by far the most terrible people I have ever encountered on the internet. I've seen some of the nonsense leveled at women in online games with my own eyes, hell I've been harassed because people made me out to be an "SJW" before, but that is practically benign compared to the stuff these people are doing. Sending random people envelopes filled with white powder and unsheathed syringes for tweeting in support of #GamerGate or #NotYourShield, calling their employers with false allegations and getting them fired? Publicly outing trans and homosexual people who identified with #NotYourShield to their families and friends? I kindof get it when people harass and theaten the forefront people, like the Breitbart guy or Sarkeesian. I condemn it, but I see why they would be targeted by hardline idiots on both sides. But random people who just made a couple of nonoffensive tweets with a hashtag? That's beyond reprehensible.

I find that subjects like these on the internet tends to bring out the worst extremist ever. On both sides. And both are equally wrong..in different ways.

The worst is the totalitarian view of "you're either 100% with me or 100% against me".. and the dirty tactics both sides are more than willing to ignore. Both sides like to pressure whomever doesn't agree in any way they can. Both are very selective in their data. Both suck.

And trying to stay as neutral as possible gets you flamed by both sides. I can't even agree with 90% of what someone is saying.. not, it's has to be 100% or "GTFO you monster!"

Just recently I've been warned by the owner of another forum to case voicing my opinion as such opinions are not welcomed here. Even tough I agreed with the stupidity of attacks on female gamers, the disgusting lengths to which some would go to, fabrication of data, vitirol, etc..

What I didn't agree on was that anyone posting death threats is a monster - childish boys will act like stupid boys and threatening to kill someone isn't uncommon and such impotent threats - as distasteful and stupid as they are - are not really a cause for alarm.

As soon as I posted that I was subject by the "holier than thou" speech of how defending such filth has no place in a civilized world and that I must case and desist spreading such hertical thoughts.

Internet is a d*** farm. You can't go two paces without running into d***.

* YOU ARE A WRONGULARITY FROM WHICH NO RIGHT CAN ESCAPE! *

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!

No offense TN but is social media really irrefutable proof of anything? Like that photo of the syringe...how do you know its real?

The person who posted that particular claim of getting the syringe is the Breitbart journalist who wrote the articles regarding the GameJournoPros list. He is a verifiable person and not some anonymous internet user. Just because it's a social media link doesn't mean it's not a reputable person.

I suppose there is a possibility that he faked it but thus far he's been, though transparently politically right wing, as truthful as possible. It's mentioned again in this article:

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-London/2014/09/22/They-re-on-to-us-gaming-journalists-respond-to-their-critics-in-series-of-new-GameJournoPros-emails/

The thing is, there is a possibility that everything is faked or misrepresented. We cannot verify claims of people on the internet at all.

However, what I can verify is the people close to me who have been victims of abuse by this group, such as an instance of a powder letter or my girlfriend being consistently belittled and referred to as a "sockpuppet" for criticizing games journalists and as such being my personal experience I am inclined to take other reports of this happening more seriously.

To be completely fair, I would be remiss to not include that people on the other side are also being harassed. Openly, GamerGate has condemned these actions but they still keep being carried out in GamerGate's name and therefore I cannot in good conscience keep supporting them as a movement. Swatting attempts on members of the GameJournoPros list, especially the ones that don't seem to have even been involved in the controversy, are beyond disturbing. I would still say, however, that GamerGate, by openly condemning those actions, still morally has the high ground over the anti-GamerGate people who by and large have refused to even acknowledge that GamerGate people are being harassed (or in fact, in some cases, even acknowledge that some GamerGate people exist at all judging by the continued marginalisation of #NotYourShield as "sockpuppets" and "weaponized minorities").

Edited by TrueNeutral

Why are you victim blaming, Bruce ?

Listen and believe!

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Yes looking at this from a moderate stance it's utterly damning, if anything the social justice fascists have shown themselves to be far worse than the anarchists making threats, as they haven't actually done anything. The fascists however are complicit in corruption, censorships, threats and conspiracy, they have proven themselves to be immoral, unethical and childish fanatics. Colluding to halt any discussions or opposing viewpoints, which have been largely well behaved and reasoned. They seem to positively despise logic and detail, such as Thunderfoot or Ms Sommers display in there entirely reasonable videos.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

What a bunch of ****. I think staying off Twitter was a good move on my part.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Why are you victim blaming, Bruce ?

Listen and believe!

My question is what more credible links could I provide in the first place? Discussion of this is being censored almost everywhere and the people this is about are also the people making the news in the first place. All we have to go on is social media.

Guys seriously, all I'm going to say is if you endeavour to partake in truthful and interesting debates where you make a point from a position of intellectualism ( and I assume this applies to all of us ) and when asked to substantiate your point all you can produce is Twitter comments.....you are in big trouble of people questioning the validity and credibility of that information

" Do you guys want to know something the USA is building prisons on the moon and will be sending all Islamic extremists there to serve there sentence. Its true, I read it on Twitter"

You see my point :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Yes looking at this from a moderate stance it's utterly damning, if anything the social justice fascists have shown themselves to be far worse than the anarchists making threats, as they haven't actually done anything. The fascists however are complicit in corruption, censorships, threats and conspiracy, they have proven themselves to be immoral, unethical and childish fanatics. Colluding to halt any discussions or opposing viewpoints, which have been largely well behaved and reasoned. They seem to positively despise logic and detail, such as Thunderfoot or Ms Sommers display in there entirely reasonable videos.

Nonek the word " fascists" is a naughty word, we don't like to call people that. Its like playing the Hitler card, its just hyperbole and theatrics :wowey: It should be below you

John Milton 

Guys seriously, all I'm going to say is if you endeavour to partake in truthful and interesting debates where you make a point from a position of intellectualism ( and I assume this applies to all of us ) and when asked to substantiate your point all you can produce is Twitter comments.....you are in big trouble of people questioning the validity and credibility of that information

" Do you guys want to know something the USA is building prisons on the moon and will be sending all Islamic extremists there to serve there sentence. Its true, I read it on Twitter"

So, when Quinn posts stuff on Twitter about her abuse or Sarkeesian 'quotes' stuff there as well, you're ok with doubting that, correct ? I was told that was a big no no.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Guys seriously, all I'm going to say is if you endeavour to partake in truthful and interesting debates where you make a point from a position of intellectualism ( and I assume this applies to all of us ) and when asked to substantiate your point all you can produce is Twitter comments.....you are in big trouble of people questioning the validity and credibility of that information

" Do you guys want to know something the USA is building prisons on the moon and will be sending all Islamic extremists there to serve there sentence. Its true, I read it on Twitter"

So, when Quinn posts stuff on Twitter about her abuse or Sarkeesian 'quotes' stuff there as well, you're ok with doubting that, correct ? I was told that was a big no no.

That's different Malc, they're SJWs so they would never lie.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Nonek the word " fascists" is a naughty word, we don't like to call people that. Its like playing the Hitler card, its just hyperbole and theatrics :wowey: It should be below you

He probably just forgot to put a winkie emoticon after it. ;)

• Like 2

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

Bruce

Despite the fact that I did supply a link as you said as well as that I consider people I am very close to, personally to be pretty damn credible sources, there is no credible source in the term of objective journalistic reports as nobody with credibility is reporting on this on either side. There is no such thing as a trustworthy journalism in this case as they are building a different narrative than what is actually happening. Also, you equate fascism with Hitler to evoke Godwin's law but fascism is not defined by Nazism. It's a false equivelancy and evoking Godwin's law on it is intellectually dishonest.

Not to mention that I don't think mentioning Hitler should invalidate a discussion in the first place. Godwin's law has made a very real threat of history repeating itself taboo to speak about and that is never good.

If anything, the entire censorship of the discussion has me recalling this quote: "If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."

Not to say that I equate this stuff with the plight of black people in America or that GamerGate has Malcolm X on it's side, but censorship is an incredibly scary tool and any side that uses it should be condemned wholeheartedly by anyone who believes in equal treatment and freedom of speech.

He probably just forgot to put a winkie emoticon after it. ;)

You not still annoyed with me about that Neo-Nazi comment are you, you know I was teasing you :blush:

John Milton 

Then they should stop acting like fascists Bruce, the term is very fitting considering what they are preaching and their censorship of any dissenting opinion. I realise they're young self righteous people, who want to fit in with a fashionable demographic, but that doesn't make their actions any less repulsive to anybody with ethical values. See what we see, say what we say, think as we think and do as we command was an absolutely evil mantra, and should not be excused by anyone with an interest in not seeing such horrors occur again.

And I for one am against the steady deconstruction of free speech that the social justice fascists are championing.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Guys seriously, all I'm going to say is if you endeavour to partake in truthful and interesting debates where you make a point from a position of intellectualism ( and I assume this applies to all of us ) and when asked to substantiate your point all you can produce is Twitter comments.....you are in big trouble of people questioning the validity and credibility of that information

" Do you guys want to know something the USA is building prisons on the moon and will be sending all Islamic extremists there to serve there sentence. Its true, I read it on Twitter"

There is a propaganda war going on from both sides and people like you are falling for it. They use the easily influenced to spread the misinformation, not all information is false but don't think for a second there isn't an orchestrated campaign to align people to either side. Stop being manipulated

No I don't believe Twitter comments, I need real links that I can verify. Have you ever known me to post Twitter links

John Milton 

There is a propaganda war going on from both sides and people like you are falling for it. They use the easily influenced to spread the misinformation, not all information is false but don't think for a second there isn't an orchestrated campaign to align people to either side. Stop being manipulated

No I don't believe Twitter comments, I need real links that I can verify. Have you ever known me to post Twitter links

So you aren't convinced Quinn in being harassed. Good to know.

There is a propaganda war going on from both sides and people like you are falling for it. They use the easily influenced to spread the misinformation, not all information is false but don't think for a second there isn't an orchestrated campaign to align people to either side. Stop being manipulated

Bruce stating there are campaigns behind the scenes, who would have foreseen this ? Okay then, you answered my question then.

Electronic media is a fantastic method of gathering facts, checking what people have said and disseminating their views, that is why private investigators love it. It should not be discounted because the fascists have been caught spouting their toxic hate mongering on private chat rooms, and it is far more durable and hard to eradicate than pen and ink. Also we all know that the social justice fascists like to preach and sermonise, so they are all too easily caught in their own webs of lies and doublespeak.

With the traditional press mainly representing the biased views of the social justice fascists, electronic media as used in the Arab spring is a fantastic way to spread truth and the message they are desperately censoring. When free speech is threatened by censorhip, as these people are attempting, any weapon is useful in the fight against such detestable practises.

Edit: 4chan are foisting a conspiracy upon the world by discussing gamergate in a public chat room, but game journalists coordinating strategy in a private chat room is of course utterly innocent. The IQ's and two facedness of the SJF's and their patsys really cannot be underestimated.

Edited by Nonek
  • Like 1

Tea for the teapot!

Electronic media is a fantastic method of gathering facts, checking what people have said and disseminating their views, that is why private investigators love it. It should not be discounted because the fascists have been caught spouting their toxic hate mongering on private chat rooms, and it is far more durable and hard to eradicate than pen and ink. Also we all know that the social justice fascists like to preach and sermonise, so they are all too easily caught in their own webs of lies and doublespeak.

With the traditional press mainly representing the biased views of the social justice fascists, electronic media as used in the Arab spring is a fantastic way to spread truth and the message they are desperately censoring. When free speech is threatened by censorhip, as these people are attempting, any weapon is useful in the fight against such detestable practises.

How dare you impugn their honor, churl. I'm going to send you envelopes and harass your family over Twitter.

• Like 1

I'm short of envelopes lately, much obliged. It's my job to harass my family however.

Tea for the teapot!