lack of multiracial portraits

ctn2003

I wanted to be a black guy to change up the pace turns out their are no black guys for portraits. In fact their seems to be lack of any other race besides white :/ im hoping that once the game it it where not stuck with 1 portrait for every other race besides white and elf.

• Like 1

I'm thinking this is just a beta and the number of portraits and options for different looks are minimal by design and have no bearing on the numbers that will be available in the final game.

• Like 2

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

You can also have a male voice for a female character.

In other news, I saw a truck today with the name of the logistics company on it. It was "Trans Boys." Possibly not quite what they intended.

Or maybe it was... ;)

• Like 3

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

In the interest of saving time, for things like Humans, Dwarfs and Elfs I think its fine for them to say "they can use their own/we have enough" though I dont think there is a female Dwarf one (unless thats suposed to be the long-haired blond in plate).

For the OC races however, they are sorely lacking in portraits.

Theres 2 Orlan portraits. One male, One female. Both Hearth Orlan. No Wild Orlans.

Theres 4 Aumaua portraits. Two Male Oceanic. One Male Island. One Female Island. Also one of the portraits has a beard despite Aumauma not having beard options.

Godlikes are all represented but their head options are so distinct and unique they each need a portrait. Also, Moon Godlike models dont look at all like their portraits. Same goes for the Aumaua (muddy textures in their models).

There are also some racial variants that have no representation like Ocean Folk and Boreal Dwarves. I think at least two portraits of each racial variant is needed (one male, one female).

The portraits we have seen so far are beautiful so Im gonna give them the "we are working on them but it takes time" benefit of the doubt. Theres also like 3+ months left to go and that should be plenty for the artists. At least thats what my ignorant brain that has very little idea how game development cycles work for 2D artists in a "2D BG with 3D models game" thinks.

Fingers crossed.

• Like 2

This is not such a big deal for the humans because we can find portraits for them (granted they have to be dressed like Renaissance Italians....) but Obsidian is the only source for Orlans, Aumaua, and Godlikes so they better have a good variety of those. 

My character can always use Lawrence Fishburne from Othello:

287775_large.jpg

Edited by Valmy
  • Like 4

Much more interested in having tons of portraits for odd races like the Aumaua, Godlikes and Orlans, than varied portraits for the other races. I mean, there are already thousands of portraits available out there for humans, elves and dwarves,enough to fit all art styles and personal preferences.

Edited by mutonizer