F-Secure deleting my beta V.278

samm

Question

In order to be able to start the beta from Steam, F-Secure users have to set their DeepGuard settings to "compatibility mode", i.e. lower their security settings, which is/was also true for Stick Of Truth. With the most recent update of the Antivirus however, the backer beta *.exe gets removed completely as a "Trojan.Generic. 11749746"

post-132-0-14217800-1411314511_thumb.jpg

I'd report this to F-Secure, but in order to upload the *.exe for verification, I'd have to get it out of quarantine, and the Antivirus won't currently let me... So anyone else who still has access to PillarsOfEternity.exe, please submit it as a "False Positive" to https://analysis.f-secure.com/portal/login.html

Dear OE, please take this up with F-Secure and make sure they know your games now and in the future! Thank you :)

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

4 answers to this question

Just want to add that I have the same problem trying to run the Beta alongside BitDefender antivirus 2015. The .exe is identified as that same Trojan and quarantined.

Since then, I haven't been able to get the Beta to run at all, even after turning antivirus off, deleting the Beta, rebooting, and reinstalling the Beta. Steam keeps reporting the Beta as missing 1 file and showing "Update Required," but won't actually let me update -- when I start the update download, it briefly completes and then goes back to showing "Update Required."

Also, Steam has started showing the Beta's build ID (in Properties) as 0, whereas before I could've sworn it showed a several-digit number. But I'm not 100% certain on that point.

--S

post-265420-0-83447500-1404886327_thumb.

Just want to add that I have the same problem trying to run the Beta alongside BitDefender antivirus 2015. The .exe is identified as that same Trojan and quarantined.

Since then, I haven't been able to get the Beta to run at all, even after turning antivirus off, deleting the Beta, rebooting, and reinstalling the Beta. Steam keeps reporting the Beta as missing 1 file and showing "Update Required," but won't actually let me update -- when I start the update download, it briefly completes and then goes back to showing "Update Required."

Also, Steam has started showing the Beta's build ID (in Properties) as 0, whereas before I could've sworn it showed a several-digit number. But I'm not 100% certain on that point.

--S

+1

BitDefender 2015 identifies the v301 PoE executable as being infected with this trojan. I simply used the "recover" button to get the original exe back and it seems to work.

But is the file safe or not? Has a virus somehow made it into release?