Hey Obs: Any word on GOG keys for Wasteland 2?

Not sure where to ask this (I posted in the Update #83 thread in the Announcement forum, but don't want it to just get lost in the shuffle), but just wondering if you guys have any news on the GOG keys for Wasteland 2 that some pledge tiers have as part of the backer reward?

Yeah, we need the GOG keys. Bad enough being 'forced' to use Steam for the PE beta but I'd liek to add WL2 to my GOG collection. :) I have to be strong and hold out even thoguh WL2 looks really good.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Yeah, we need the GOG keys. Bad enough being 'forced' to use Steam for the PE beta but I'd liek to add WL2 to my GOG collection. :) I have to be strong and hold out even thoguh WL2 looks really good.

This is my dilemma as well. I can wait, but it ain't easy.

Thanks for the query everyone, I will send this on to Admin and hopefully there will be clarification shortly.

Thanks to you all for your support of PoE - it's brilliant imho ;)

with respect,

Fionavar

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Today's Update 85 had this to say:

If you’re one of the folks who gets a copy of the game as a reward for one of your Pillars of Eternity tiers, the Steam version is available immediately, and for those of you who prefer to get the game on GOG, we’ll have an announcement shortly once we have those keys ready for distribution.

All Stop. On Screen.

Today's Update 85 had this to say:

If you’re one of the folks who gets a copy of the game as a reward for one of your Pillars of Eternity tiers, the Steam version is available immediately, and for those of you who prefer to get the game on GOG, we’ll have an announcement shortly once we have those keys ready for distribution.

Yeah, I actually posted in the update thread a couple times. While it's encouraging to hear they're planning on getting those GOG keys going, I really wish we could get some concrete info. I'd love to be able to DL and play it this weekend. Alas, more and more, this is looking like a remote possibility.

Got it via TTON already..

1) Access new account page at the portal

2) Select >Rewards>Manage Keys>WL2 Redeem

3) Select GoG - it generates a key 

4) Redeem key on GoG

Took all one <1minute :/ 

So... GoG keys are already up and running... 

Edited by rustypup

Are you gonna throw rocks at me? What about now?

What about now?

Got it via TTON already..

1) Access new account page at the portal

2) Select >Rewards>Manage Keys>WL2 Redeem

3) Select GoG - it generates a key 

4) Redeem key on GoG

Took all one <1minute :/ 

So... GoG keys are already up and running... 

Yes, we know the GOG keys are up and running. However, as Volourn noed, that does nothing for those of us that are supposed to receive the GOG key through backing PoE.

@Gladestone: I want the game through GOG because I prefer GOG over Steam, would like to have it on my GOG game shelf, and would rather not have the game tied to a service. Why is that so hard to understand? Incredibly, some people have different opinions than you do about Steam. Maybe you should 'get over it' instead of jumping into a thread to tell people how pathetic they are that they don't like Steam.

Edited by Ink Blot

"think some tall ridiculous stance on steam is pathetic really."

What's pathetic is how hardcore YOU are about a certain service that you feel the need to attack others over their preference. Go enjoy steam all you want. I prefer to have all my games in one plays. Plus, I'd rather avoid all the hardcore steam extremists like you. I tend to try to avoid nazis who want to control other people and what services they prefer to use.

It was bad enoguh I had to use Steam for the PE beta. I'd rather not get suckered into using Steam again.

Oh boy.....you all are going to be pissed when you see the "Kickstarter Edition" that your GOG code will entitle you to......hint, hint: it's not for sale and has nothing more than the manual and a map....they had three ****ty wallpapers on there as a bonus but they were removed. Buying the Digital Deluxe Upgrade won't help much as you'll still be missing half the content of the real digital deluxe although inXile said(in a PM conversation I had with them) this will be fixed for those upgrading from the KS edition via the upgrade.....I'll believe it when I see it.

Edited by Darth Trethon

1zq6793.jpg

WUT? Does the edition let you play the game? That's all that matter as that was offered us who back PE to the level that gave us WL2. All that extra crap wasn't promised.

*shrug* Maybe not promised but I still expected the "normal" retail edition and to be at least able to upgrade to the Digital Deluxe....I didn't back their asses for over $800 on TTON and then bought the Digital Deluxe Upgrrade so they can pull these kinds of shenanigans on me when it came to the Wasteland 2 copy that was part of that tier.

Edited by Darth Trethon
  • Like 1

1zq6793.jpg

Oh boy.....you all are going to be pissed when you see the "Kickstarter Edition" that your GOG code will entitle you to......hint, hint: it's not for sale and has nothing more than the manual and a map....they had three ****ty wallpapers on there as a bonus but they were removed. Buying the Digital Deluxe Upgrade won't help much as you'll still be missing half the content of the real digital deluxe although inXile said(in a PM conversation I had with them) this will be fixed for those upgrading from the KS edition via the upgrade.....I'll believe it when I see it.

Well, different pledges for W2 give different versions on gog, and noone promised the ultimate version for PE backers.

As long as there exists any upgrade possibility, I have no problems whatsoever.

Honestly, I don't give a crap what extras are or aren't included with the code. I just wanted to play the game this weekend, but I guess that's not going to happen. *shrug* I can wait.

I guess that's the advantage of steam. They have even the dev companies intimidated and brainwashed that they get access to stuff first. L0L  I might have to bite the bullet and get on steam. But, hey, it's free so at least they ain't getting my money. L0L

But, longer I hold off, the more I'll be spoiled about the game.

• Like 1

Oh boy.....you all are going to be pissed when you see the "Kickstarter Edition" that your GOG code will entitle you to.....

I'm confused, which edition are you talking about? You obviously don't have a key from PoE as they are not released yet, so is this some kind of version from the TToN kickstarter? In particular, how much bloody money do you have to throw at Inxile to have access to a wasteland key? Is buying the physical collectors edition not enough?

I'm a bit sad that I can't play it this weekend. I've spent quite some money on both PoE and TToN, and I can't access wasteland from both sites. I do hope they'll release PoE on time on GoG, because my physical copy surely won't reach me at the release date.

Edited by Doppelschwert

I do hope they'll release PoE on time on GoG, because my physical copy surely won't reach me at the release date.

I don't think there are any worries on that front. Wasteland 2 released on GOG yesterday, same as everywhere else. It may be a different story receiving your GOG keys for the game, but that's not up to GOG.

Yeah, but my point was about actually receiving my key for PoE as soon as it is on GoG.

At the beginning of this week, I asked myself if I should start some new game or if I should wait for wasteland 2 on friday. I've chosen wasteland because I was convinced that I'd get my key on friday.

It's not the end of the world, obviously, but it would've been nice to know things like that a bit in advance.

Oh boy.....you all are going to be pissed when you see the "Kickstarter Edition" that your GOG code will entitle you to.....

I'm confused, which edition are you talking about? You obviously don't have a key from PoE as they are not released yet, so is this some kind of version from the TToN kickstarter? In particular, how much bloody money do you have to throw at Inxile to have access to a wasteland key? Is buying the physical collectors edition not enough?

I'm a bit sad that I can't play it this weekend. I've spent quite some money on both PoE and TToN, and I can't access wasteland from both sites. I do hope they'll release PoE on time on GoG, because my physical copy surely won't reach me at the release date.

From TTON side go here: https://torment.inxile-entertainment.com 

If your pledge has a copy of wasteland 2 ensure you have your tier/add-on selected under your Account -> Rewards and then you can click on "manage Keys"......but prepare to be disappointed if you care about extras like art, soundtrack, novels/lore, etc. You get the sham edition. Don't expect better edition from PoE Wasteland 2 code.

Edited by Darth Trethon

1zq6793.jpg

Thanks for the information, but I already checked that. As far as I'm concerned, my 'Oddity Collectors Edition' does not include a Wasteland 2 copy. I think it's a bit silly given that I got my Wasteland 2 key from PoE at the same money threshold, and that the digital versions of TToN cost much less and also include a wasteland 2 key.

Loremaster costs around 80$ while the Oddity Collectors Edition costs around 135$ without shipping. Loremaster gives you Wasteland2 and beta access while the Oddity Collectors Edition gives you an artbook and the soundtrack and a map, besides being physical. I don't think it would have hurt them to include one wasteland 2 key. Then again, I won't up my pledge for TToN just for Wasteland 2 when I still get a key from PoE.

Edited by Doppelschwert