Question about Party interaction

BruceVC

Sup All

I am one of those who is basically avoiding any news about the game until its official release so that everything is exciting, I respect all the people who are studiously partaking in the Beta and identifying bugs  and effectively making my  final gaming experience more stable. So kudos to you all, good work :thumbsup:

I wanted to ask something that I don't think will ruin the narrative for me and that's around party interaction. Does the Beta include getting to know what motivates your party members and who they are? And also I know Romance isn't part of PoE so if the Beta does contain chatting to your party members has anyone noticed the lack of Romance options is a negative factor in the overall party interaction? Or is this not really a big deal in the greater scheme of the Beta?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Sorry to let you down bruce, but the companions of the actual game are not part of the beta, so there is no way to judge this.

There are four generic characters in the traditional classes, e.g. fighter, rogue, wizard and cleric but they don't have a personality, and you can hire additional characters at the tavern. So the party interaction in the beta is on the level of IWD.

Most characters are probably part of the story / motivated by it, so they are not included as the beta is set up as spoiler free regarding the main narrative.

Edited by Doppelschwert
  • Like 1

Sorry to let you down bruce, but the companions of the actual game are not part of the beta, so there is no way to judge this.

There are four generic characters in the traditional classes, e.g. fighter, rogue, wizard and cleric but they don't have a personality, and you can hire additional characters at the tavern. So the party interaction in the beta is on the level of IWD.

Most characters are probably part of the story / motivated by it, so they are not included as the beta is set up as spoiler free regarding the main narrative.

Okay that makes sense, thanks for the feedback :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Seeing that you are a silver backer, you probably have a beta key. If you don't plan to use it in order to avoid spoilers before release, it would probably appreciated if you'd give it to someone else that lacked the money but wanted to participate. Maybe make a thread or competition out of it. That way everyone benefits.

• Like 2

Seeing that you are a silver backer, you probably have a beta key. If you don't plan to use it in order to avoid spoilers before release, it would probably appreciated if you'd give it to someone else that lacked the money but wanted to participate. Maybe make a thread or competition out of it. That way everyone benefits.

I didn't even think about that and I have no issue giving it away to someone. I'll find out how to give it away.

There is no point in it being wasted because I won't play the Beta

• Like 1

John Milton