Inventory Mod [16 Slots]

Sensuki

Making a mod like this is not something that inspires the developers, it's simply something you and some others like and want to use. It's a mod, modification, not vanilla, hence unusable in a beta context. You should really focus the effort on vanilla gameplay, modifying the game is completely wrong for the purpose of this release. The developers won't download it, so this is only directed to players.

Edited by Uomoz

1669_planescape_torment-prev.png

Great work Sensuki. Thank you.

16 slots definitely feels better to me.

I think that this space below the char model could be reworked a bit. A couple of improvements that i think would be good:

• Add 8 slots for quest item space insted of the pop-up button (scrollable for moar space ofc)
  • Add 8 slots for ground items (just like BG/IWD to drop items, and that would show gear that you are standing on top of)
  • Also the stash icon could be resized and moved to another place dunno. Also rethinking where to put gold and supplies counter.

Anyone agree?

Edit: Stupid me i can't properly insert images into text, they all get the broken image icon. help?

post-67015-0-28130200-1410989190_thumb.jpg

Edited by Roarkkk

They want inventory to be "tactical" ... lol

I don't know if this is true or not, but they're definitely going the wrong way about it.

Inventory management can be such a pain it actually puts people off playing the game itself.

I don't mind being limited by weight and/or space (with option to enhance it - Bags of Holding etc.), but 8 slots per character just feels like they're intentionally giving me ridiculously little space it's actually insulting.

Like, seriously. I feel stupid and offended after I fill the space out after 4 combat encounters, 5 minutes after exiting the town.

• Like 1

I do not see the point of per-character inventory at all. There's no encumbrance and as far as I know there's no range limit on moving items between characters. Could just as well make a shared inventory.

That would be a logical conclusion. Disallowing (un)equipping of items, or use of items not in a quick-slot during combat would keep the tactical element intact as well.

• Like 2

I agree with some of the other people that no encumbrance = no per character inventory....

If we are going the non weight route....use that whole screen as a singular party inventory....

I'd just do it the IE game way if it was up to me but a full party inventory system may work out just fine...it just ...looks/feels weird with a screen like that but each character with 16 slots....

Edited by GreyFox

Yeah I suggested that (although I tbh I'd remove the pack and just have the stash)

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/68039-sensukis-suggestions-014-non-terrible-inventory-mockup/

Totally agree with your mockup. Doesn't make sense to have individual inventories when there's no ammo, no encumberance, etc. Just change it to the stash in your mockup that we can access outside of combat.

• Like 1