Inventory Mod [16 Slots]

Sensuki

Thanks to Liston from RPGCodex for showing me how to do this:

Here is a mod that gives you 16 inventory slots per character

RSf0pxP.jpg

http://www.upload.ee...CSharp.rar.html

The bug with the looting UI has been fixed.

Installation instructions:

• Backup your X:\Steam\steamapps\common\Pillars of Eternity - Public Beta\PillarsOfEternity_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll
  • Copy the modified Assembly-CSharp.dll into the same folder
  • Run the game

Enjoy :)

Notes:

1. Will not be compatible with the next patch (will have to make a new one every time)
  2. this is a pretty bad way to mod, but we have no WeiDu equivalent atm
Edited by Gfted1
Updated mod download link.
  • Like 19

That looks so much better! 16-slot inventory is much more at home in PoE's otherwise very Baldur's Gate/Icewind Dale UI aesthetic. I never understood why they cut the inventories down--except maybe to fit all party members on one screen?

Edited by PrimeHydra

Ask a fish head

Anything you want to

They won't answer

(They can't talk)

They want inventory to be "tactical" ... lol

The small inventory combined with the stash actually creates more inventory management than was required in the IE games imo, and atm you can't drop anything from the inventory and they want you to inspect stuff on the ground before you pick it up

No. Thankyou.

is all I have to say to that. 

But yeah as I said, let me know if the mod works for you and if you think it's better than 8 slots.

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 8

They want inventory to be "tactical" ... lol

I think reasons for limited always accessible inventory were strategic in nature, and limiting ability to change equipments in fight had tactical purpose. And reason for current version of inventory screen was that people asked ability to put items for certain characters. I would also guess that number of inventory slots that we have currently isn't meant to be final but instead limit inventory so that beta testers need to but items in stash so that its mechanics will be also tested in beta, even though beta has limited number items (or would have with out duplication bugs).

• Like 1

This definitely shouldn't be a mod. Should be the standard configuration.

It was 16 in the E3 demo. I doubt the current configuration is going to be the final number of inventory slots considering the beta reactions.

Edited by C2B

Now add combat XP JUST KIDDING

actually -- do this.

it will make the game better, just as this mod does.

maybe we'll have a day-0 mod that fixes all the issues BG2 folk have with PoE. except the romance ****, of course. leave that to bodypillow-husbands.

Now add combat XP JUST KIDDING

actually -- do this.

it will make the game better, just as this mod does.

maybe we'll have a day-0 mod that fixes all the issues BG2 folk have with PoE. except the romance ****, of course. leave that to bodypillow-husbands.

I just might!

Ask a fish head

Anything you want to

They won't answer

(They can't talk)

people asked ability to put items for certain characters.

That was just Infinitron, really.

I'm with Stun tbh, IWD2 inventory would have been perfect for a start, with some item filters and a sort button.

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 4

I like the idea of a stash and all. Just don't see why adding a stash means character inventory gets thrown in the garbage.

Would prefer both.

• Like 1

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

There is a definitely a market for this, so well done for giving the people what they want, but I can't deny being rather disappointed that this is likely to put further nails into the coffin of the PoE inventory system, which I happen to really like.

I think it would be a definite overstatement to suggest that this mod will noticeably affect the balance of the game, but I worry that it sets a precedent for other mods that are popular concepts that serve to unbalance the core system.

...and we're back to the Enhanced Editions.

It's funny how a simple thing makes the inventory go from complete **** to not that bad at all. 8 slots per character was just disgusting.

Actually it still is. This is just a mod, after all.

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

"Mods will fix it" is not really the attitude to take though, but now at least you can actually see the difference between the two in the game.

Campaign for change!

I'm more concerned about how moving items around feels worse than the IE games. Obviously when the UI delay and stuff is fixed it will be a bit better but it's still the same amount of mouse clicks but more awkward to use IMO.

Can you drag items onto the character 'paperdoll' ?

edit: I will most definitely use a mod for infinite camping supplies, that **** is obnoxious. I have the self control not to abuse it, unlike most people it seems.

Well now Gfted1 will no longer complain about them ;)

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 3

IDGAF as long as it's moddable.

edit: I will most definitely use a mod for infinite camping supplies, that **** is obnoxious. I have the self control not to abuse it, unlike most people it seems.

Id be happy to send you the link for unlimited camping supplied that Sensuki sent me. Let me know if you want it.

Well now Gfted1 will no longer complain about them ;)

Yep, tyvm. :thumbsup: