leave church
look upper left corner)
Pillars of Eternity
Pillars of Eternity (not responding)
Pillars of Eternity
Pillars of Eternity (not responding)
outdoors loads
repeat as often as you like
NOTE: even though all inventory is untouched equipped slot II does not generate item drops in church

5 answers to this question

and there is more.....

this is identical for watermill in/out and inn in/out
notice how I have opened no inventory screens or any other options
in upstairs /downstairs/downstairs /upstairs transition does not generate a not responding
and notice as well how so far no items have dropped
leave inn
open inventory menu
close inventory menu
enter inn
leave inn
enter inn
still nothing has dropped
go upstairs
go downstairs
nothing drops
go upstairs tell her I was looking around ,no promises
go downstairs
still no drops
leave inn
enter inn
Poe
Poe (not responding)
Poe
inn loads
no item drops
leave inn
open inventory
put bb priest shield in inventory slot 1
close inventory
enter inn
leave inn
enter inn
still no item drops
go upstairs
go downstairs
still no item drops
leave inn
enter inn
PoE
PoE (not responding)
inn loads
still nothing dropped
leave inn
enter armory
leave armory
PoE
PoE (not responding)
PoE
PoE (not responding)
village loads
enter armory
nothing dropped
main char talks to merchant
open trade
click bb priest shield once into trade
click trade sell shield
close trade
leave armory
(2x not responding then village loads)
enter armory
(1x not responding)
armory loads
WTF the shield didn't drop
open inventory
click bb priest
move morning star to inv slot 1
close inv
main char opens trade
sell bb priest mace
close trade
leave armory
audio abruptly cuts out with a wierd sound
2x not responding
village loads
audio resumes
enter armory
1x not responding
armory loads
!!!!! no item dropped!!!
WTF is someone messing with my head..??
does windowed mode run different than fullscreen??
did ending task on all those steam webhelpers change something??
does ending process on steam and launching new on every game start change something??
leave armory
2x not responding village loads
enter inn
inn loads
!!! nothing is dropped still!!!
Exit game

restart in fullscreen

From  11:30 this morning until about 30 min ago I have  done nothing but restart the game in windowed mode various sizes, all difficulties and as many combinations of other settings and default characters races etc as I could. every single time first screen walk right to church, enter it, leave it, enter it and every single time without fault bb priest drops her shield in the floor. The only time ever I have seen no drops was that one window launch and the only thing remarkable about it was it was the first ever time I launched a window run of the game. so  I uninstalled completely re-installed launched a first time ever window mode launch, walked right to church, entered, left, entered and there was bb priest shield. exactly what I would expect since it is still in her slot II. It is almost as if on that one launch the glitch that causes the drops had a glitch that wouldn't allow the drops.

Does any of what I am posting have any use? Is someone already aware of the root cause and already writing a fix? If so please let me know, ever since I realized I could control the drops to some degree by not having shields in slot II or then not selling BB items and then the BB wizard madness, all I do is run around trying to make them happen then trying to figure how  to not make it happen which is entirely pointless if  the root of the issue has already been determined.

Thanks

'OEJ, I suggest you take a look at the "How to report bugs thread" (http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/66758-how-to-format-for-reporting-bugs/), as well as the "Known issues list" (http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/66785-known-issues-list/) because I'm no dev and I can't make any sense of what you're actually trying to report in most of your threads.

uh.. I had read those links and my format is precisely that minus the step #1, step #2  preceding each line, figured that was just unnecessary key strokes... Reads line by line like a play by play.

but if anyone responds that any info on how to cause or stop the inventory drops is still useful I will take the time to edit each post into a longer easier to understand version. Like I said above no need to waste time. And I did of course read the known issues hence I posted all this. known issue does not mean solved issue. Saying I saw the bug over and over makes it known, no need to keep saying I saw it. But I am listing step by step literally click by click of how it generates and how it can be manipulated. this is entirely different than posting over and over that I saw a pile of items here or there, or that I had a crossbow stuck between my legs. It has always been my understanding that kind of information can be useful in finding the bad code. However once the code at fault has been found then all that is left is to fix it. Hence my post at 2:58 because I have logged about 40hours in 3 days just chasing the bug around and documenting it.

Cheers !!