What you did today.

Rosbjerg

Suffered through a Uni acquaintance at lunch not shutting up over his God damned kid.

I have  to be honest endless kid stories also get to me after a while ....I know its nasty to say but its true

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Nothing nasty about it, I find endless talking about any subject dreary too - especially topics that have no relevance to anyone but the speaker. In cases like that, the parents just need to be reminded that they are more than their kids, for their own sake.

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

Well, not really against kids, I am terrible with them and they cry at the sight of me, but was just tedious to talk about the same thing. New Dad Syndrome I guess.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Miss the coffee at breakfast, miss the beer just after work. Otherwise not bad.

That's quite impressive! I couldnt function without coffee, and as I regurarly work with nuclear engineering thingies, you probably would want me to function. Especially you danes across the pond, you'll love it when we re-open Barsebäck, it's going to be awesome :D

• Like 1

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Especially you danes across the pond, you'll love it when we re-open Barsebäck, it's going to be awesome :D

I find the fear of that thing entirely misplaced - but smart to place it near the Danish capital and not your own ;)

Fortune favors the bald.

Week three of my sponsored no booze and no caffeine thing. Raised over £100 for cancer support - assuming I make it to the end of the month.

No more headaches, not really lost much noticeable weight, but I am definitely eating less crap. Out of preference I'm eating salads, which is downright strange.Sweat has stopped smelling odd.

Miss the coffee at breakfast, miss the beer just after work. Otherwise not bad. Helps that I have liberally placed bottles of booze and jars of coffee around. Easier not to succumb when it's so easy.

Still not actually enjoying fruit tea. Hate going out and drinking fruit juice or soft drinks. They just make me wired.

Excellent effort Walsie, I know how hard it is to change  routines. Especially when you enjoy them

Is this break just for the  month or longer ?

**** you for even suggesting longer.

Come the end of the month I am going to get completely bongoed on the finest available wines.

• Like 4

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I've got work, some dealings on the stock market and now my father asked me if I am interested into a venture into the real estate market. it is a tempting idea. He has the experience, but I have some experience, too. Try not to do business with family. This one is a tough decision. It is a way to good and steady income for years to come and I might even keep one of the apartments for myself, but I don't know... So tempting, so very tempting.

I need to speak with my bank about loans and whatnot.

If I made enough money, and it meant I could quit working at the school, then I'd probably be all for it, but I don't see myself working and managing a business at the same time. Even if my dad keeps an eye on things, I like to know exactly what is going on. The (dis)advantages of a control freak. 

• Like 3

I've got work, some dealings on the stock market and now my father asked me if I am interested into a venture into the real estate market. it is a tempting idea. He has the experience, but I have some experience, too. Try not to do business with family. This one is a tough decision. It is a way to good and steady income for years to come and I might even keep one of the apartments for myself, but I don't know... So tempting, so very tempting.

I need to speak with my bank about loans and whatnot.

If I made enough money, and it meant I could quit working at the school, then I'd probably be all for it, but I don't see myself working and managing a business at the same time. Even if my dad keeps an eye on things, I like to know exactly what is going on. The (dis)advantages of a control freak. 

Not at all, Lab. It's not control freakery. Running a business takes 100% effort. Don't kid yourself you can stand in the wings.

My advice would be to make a nominal, but considerable investment. Just enough to show your Dad you trust him, but not enough so you can't afford to lose it if things go wrong.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Been very busy lately, things are very hectic. But today (and tomorrow) I'm just going to relax and spend the weekend w/ Lady GD & the pups. 

• Like 4

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Finished with a project for work so I can put most of my effort to finishing the semester. I have a crawling feeling in my gut that I ****ed up though, will have to wait until Monday at the earliest to see how my midterms went.

Today I'm going to drink stout and whiskey, play video games, and work on a script.

Been very busy lately, things are very hectic. But today (and tomorrow) I'm just going to relax and spend the weekend w/ Lady GD & the pups.

I'm not sure if this means you and the missus have kids or if you're talking about your dogs.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I'm not sure if this means you and the missus have kids or if you're talking about your dogs.

Nah, no kids just dogs. But it's a distinction without a difference because we treat them like kids. They are like furry kids you never have to worry about paying their way to college.

• Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Had a fun night of watching the drunken yuppies brawl in the street. Improvement over the homeless bums in my last area, I suppose.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Better than watching Arsenal struggle to draw with Hull.

Better than watching Arsenal struggle to draw with Hull.

I watched that with my brother. We have both basically lost all hope when it comes to our teams. I dread what Real Madrid will do to us this upcoming week.

Weather has been really boring over here for a couple of weeks now. Rain, rain, rain. When it doesn't rain, it's windy. Sometimes, the weather wants to mix things up with some wind and rain at the same time. I am not looking forward to 6-8 months of crap weather. The cycle of the last 28 years of my 29 year old life.

It was something I got on groupon. We went to a winery for about half an hour for a tasting. We then bought a couple of bottles and got on a bus with some paranormal researcher types and drove around getting wine drunk while hearing the "true ghost stories of Denver." Occasionally we would stop at a creepy hotel or old mansion and get out and walk around. I wasn't pleased to learn that a park used to always go to was twice a cemetery before it was a park and there are still thousands of bodies in the ground with some as shallow as 3 feet. It was otherwise quite fun

After that we went out to get sushi

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

I got the results for my midterms and they are surprisingly great.

YEAH BITCH!

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Great, I've got me a cold. It started on sunday with a common sore throat and yesterday everything else developed. Going by the mainstream media, it obviously must be Ebola.

So yeah, sux to be me. See you all in hell.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Yeah me too, sore throat, head numbness and joint pains.

Gotta love autumn.

Edit: speaking of autumn, we had a crazy sundown the other day. Suddenly the buildings across from me turned bright red and then moved through the light spectrum until everything was deep purple and then blue. Wish I had taken a video or pictures, it was stunning.

20140929-19-14-18.jpg

• Like 4

Fortune favors the bald.

Beautiful!

Thomas Sowell