New BB Release This Week?

Marceror

I agree with Fiebras - until they implement the stuff everyone's talked about, I don't really have much more feedback to give. Reiterating complaints about lack of combat feedback etc seems pointless - they've heard us and they'll get to it when they get to it.

As for balance, we can't really give useful feedback on balance until the major changes to various systems (like combat feedback, defenses calculating correctly, interrupt, attributes) are implemented.

Sidenote: a list of "things we're still working on" would be great to include with the patch notes. That way we don't bother beating various dead horses the dev team already plans to fix when the next build is released.

Edited by Matt516

The one area lacking in mayor not-discussed-to-death feedback are spells and abilities, particulary high-lvel ones. The most productive thing we can do now is to test them out and report the bugs we see as even with an atribute and health/mechanic change Im sure most abilities need to be acounted for individually and wont change massively.

I love how everyone has become an Armchair Dev in regards to what bugs are huge and what are not.

Seems like fan opinion is actually a pretty important aspect of determining which bugs are a big deal.

• Like 1

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

FWIW I reported that the marquee select is missing a single pixel in the top left making it not a perfect square - how's that for beta testing :p

And now I can't play the game anymore. I just focus perpetually on those pixels. You've ruined me! :p

• Like 1

The man who could have answered this question popped onto the forums earlier this evening, but chose not to give any indication on this question. A pity.

"Sorry guys, not this week." "Hoping to release by Friday... will let you know"

(I'm helping OE to practice possible responses they could provide) :p

I must admit to being slightly disappointed in OE not having any devs comment on the topics or give updates as much as other Kickstarter developers have. But alas, maybe it's just a busy and hectic time trying to implement the numerous changes.

Still, it would be nice to feel a bit more interactivity since the games I've seen succeed utilised the fan-base to really improve the games.

Edited by Silverbarr

If the Wasteland 2 release is on Friday, then it might be in everyone's interests to give a bit of a grace period between that and the next beta release. Certainly I can imagine many of our beta players also buying that, and it would take something astonishingly bad from Wasteland 2 to make them test a slightly-adjusted version of the beta they have already been playing over that.

Give it a week at least, perhaps a fortnight.

I must admit to being slightly disappointed in OE not having any devs comment on the topics or give updates as much as other Kickstarter developers have. But alas, maybe it's just a busy and hectic time trying to implement the numerous changes.

Still, it would be nice to feel a bit more interactivity since the games I've seen succeed utilised the fan-base to really improve the games.

They have been pretty active these last few days. Well, more active than normal.

They may not be as active as other kickstarter devs, but that doesnt mean they arent listening.

• Like 1

I'm sure they're listening. I'm sure they've seen this thread. I just think they like to torture us a bit with their silence on certain topics.

I'm sure they all get together and read threads like this next to a whiteboard that has the next backer beta release date written in big, bold letters. Asking, should we tell them? Should we? Laughing at our pathetic expense.

"Nah. Not yet. I don't think they want it badly enough yet. Let them suffer a while longer."

:p

Edited by Marceror

See: Hookers and blow. Works every time! :p

That was clearly the magical formula. Adam wasted no time responding after that. I guess someone is probably going to need to send those promised rewards over to the OE office tomorrow, lest the lead programmer go on strike.

• Like 1