Want to see lots of posts from Project Director JES?

He seems to post here like it's his second home. Lots of little tidbits that you're likely not going to see here:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3593502&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=260

• Like 2

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

It looks like he wished a lot to have new schetch goals.

Wished to know why they give up this ideia.

Yes, it looks like Torment isn't giving up on the idea. Hopefully, Obsidian puts those ideas into the expansion, and they get a good release for the main game to fund.

Stepping out more, eh, what, is home too boring, no longer sexy, is it not enough we keep it clean, ask  What You Did Today, bake a few threaded casseroles, laugh at Funny Things, take your shoes off and put you to bed after What You've Been Drinking--finding love somewhere else--what is it, is it all these posts, do they make us look fat. Come back, Josh, we'll change, promise, somehow, into whoever you want us to be. Don't go. 

All Stop. On Screen.

I guess he'd rather have a "quiet" place to discuss his ideas rather than deal with the raging hordes all the time. So that's why he's using a site that you have to pay to post on.

Honestly, I get it. If I were JES, I don't think I'd particularly enjoy posting my ideas here, since I doubt I'd have time to wade through 10+ pages of comments, which can happen in a day on a particularly busy day.

I guess he'd rather have a "quiet" place to discuss his ideas rather than deal with the raging hordes all the time. So that's why he's using a site that you have to pay to post on.

Honestly, I get it. If I were JES, I don't think I'd particularly enjoy posting my ideas here, since I doubt I'd have time to wade through 10+ pages of comments, which can happen in a day on a particularly busy day.

Sawyer is a goon since 2001. He's posted there for years and multiple projects.

Its more that Sawyer posts a bit less these days over here than he did before (especially as compared to NWN2 AFAIK). I remember him not posting much during Fallout: NV over here either. Though, in that case the offical forums were over at Bethesda of course.

I do think he tells the truth when he talks about not being able to get on his dev account during his free time at home and that being a reason. But on the other hand he never bothered too much to get it really fixed. Which is a valid complaint.

Edited by C2B

I do think he tells the truth when he talks about not being able to get on his dev account during his free time at home and that being a reason. But on the other hand he never bothered too much to get it really fixed. Which is a valid complaint.

The curiosity is killing me and I cant help but feel that Im reading that wrong. Is the reasoning that his browser will not point to forums.obsidian.net or that he is not able to use the login feature when he gets here?

• Like 1

I think it was something like he can only log in with his dev account from Obsidian's offices, this is not an unreasonable security measure for a company.

Weird. It's a public web forum. Just log in with your public web forum account. It's not like he needs to authenticate to Active Directory using a RAS or VPN tunnel... to post on a public web forum, that all the rest of us are posting on without those things.

^ This.

Sawyer started his career as a web-monkey / community manager. He's sick to the back teeth of 'us.'

On the one hand, I totally see that. On the other, tough. It boils my piss that there's more top-end dope on this project on a paywall protected third-party forum. Sorry, that's just the way I see it as a backer.

Edited by Monte Carlo
  • Like 1

sonsofgygax.JPG

I think it was something like he can only log in with his dev account from Obsidian's offices, this is not an unreasonable security measure for a company.

Weird. It's a public web forum. Just log in with your public web forum account. It's not like he needs to authenticate to Active Directory using a RAS or VPN tunnel... to post on a public web forum, that all the rest of us are posting on without those things.

?

He doesn't have a public account here. He has his dev account and thats it.  I agree with Lychnidos.

What makes the story also more believable to me is that I haven't seen many posts by Obs devs outside of office hours.

Edited by C2B

The curiosity is killing me and I cant help but feel that Im reading that wrong. Is the reasoning that his browser will not point to forums.obsidian.net or that he is not able to use the login feature when he gets here?

AFAIK it doesn't let him log into his account. 

Also a quick note about the something awful forum - you have to pay to post, not to view. I'm not a member and I just check that thread on SA every once in a while to see what the new stuff is. So he's not hiding anything...

Actually SA closes from time to time for a while. Usually its viewable though, yes.

The subject of this thread cracks me up.

It's like early 2000s spam mails.

Want to increase the size of your... JES post viewing?

:p

• Like 1