Pillars of Eternity 2?

This may be too soon, since the first game didn't come out yet, but are there any plans or any chance at all of making Pillars of Eternity 2? Or is diffrent game/title is more probable? And if yes - would it be more like continuation (possibility of importing saves from the first part - like BG1 and BG2) or rather new story with new characters? If Creators can't share this (?classified?) information - should the players at least keep their saves "just in case" - or would it be pointless?

Keep up the outstanding work! ;)

• Like 1

This may be too soon, since the first game didn't come out yet, but are there any plans or any chance at all of making Pillars of Eternity 2? Or is diffrent game/title is more probable? And if yes - would it be more like continuation (possibility of importing saves from the first part - like BG1 and BG2) or rather new story with new characters? If Creators can't share this (?classified?) information - should the players at least keep their saves "just in case" - or would it be pointless?

Keep up the outstanding work! ;)

Pillars 2 is definitly planned. First there will be the expansion though.

In general they want to make Eora (Pillar's setting) a whole franchise if possible. PoE II will most likely be financed through the sales of the first game. (Of course it has to be decently successfull for that)

Pillars 2 is definitly planned. First there will be the expansion though.

In general they want to make Eora (Pillar's setting) a whole franchise if possible. PoE II will most likely be financed through the sales of the first game. (Of course it has to be decently successfull for that) 

Sweet ;)

Well I'm sure it will be great success ;] 

And about second part - will it use save importation system (what is the chance of that) - or is it too soon to tell? 

Expansion has to come first

Yeah, but we already took care of that. Pillars of Eternity: Throne of Woe, I thought it was.

We're now on to planning other parts of OE's future.

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

Honestly I'll just be glad if the first game sells at all. :D To me it's still kind of unclear if there is gonna be a big enough market, since the people who wanted it the most have already backed it. I so hope that's not going to be the case, but I wouldn't be shocked to learn that it's not a huge massive hit sales wise. Sadly Obsidian won't profit all that much from the fact that a minority will certainly love this game for years to come.