How to Stop the item drops

One-Eye Jack

Question

Do NOT have a shield in weapon set II for BB priest or BB wizard, if there is a shield there when leaving buildings ALL party drops a bogus copy of all carried/equipped items at specific locations in Inn, stores, outside, etc.. is also responsible for the items stuck between your feet, those are the items that were in inventory. I am pretty sure even if you do not see the items between your feet they are there and likely keep getting more and more copies every transition.  There may be other cases but after almost 15 hours of stripping everyone and walking in an out of the inn I have had enough.I have not had a item drop when the shields are not in set II. This bug will also cause bb wizards spellbook and rod to drop on the inn floor even if they are in the stash chest???The attachment has the game generated crash reports which were generated during the process  Crashes on transition.zip

• Like 1

2 answers to this question

P.S.

Don't just run over to the tower shop and sell all the BB stuff, it appears that may also cause it to happen. This was the second thing I did on a clean game restart, after walking in and out of the inn to verify.When I returned to the inn from the tower shop BB Wizards spell book and a few other items were on the floor in the inn at their usual spot.  So I restarted again, put all the shields in slot I and rather than sell the BB stuff I don't use I put it in stash.  Now I can finally go in and out of places without the item piles forming or the stuff getting stuck between my feet.

To replicate, start a clean game, step party away from their initial start position (even just a few steps is fine), Strip them all to the stash chest (every item), then walk in and out of the inn. Do this as often as you can stand, the load screen should not lock up and nothing should appear on the floor.

Take special note how BB wizard will still display his spell book and rod and sword,even when they are in stash, and how BB wizards cloak is hanging there in the background of all the characters inventory portraits even with it in stash.

Then put a shield in either BB priest or BB wizards slot II, (bb rogue seems unaffected by this)walk into the inn then walk out, then walk back in. Now you should see BB wizards spellbook and rod and sword on the inn floor, even though they are in the stash.

If you do this with any items in anyone's inventory, those items will appear between their feet, and if anyone is equipping weapons, armor etc will appear in their usual spots. there are drop spots like this where the stuff appears in the inn, tower shop and watermill, as well as the outdoors village map that I am certain of.  But the only triggers I have found are listed above. When I get back from work work today I will see if not having the shields in slot II stops the reappearing loot that has been bugging me, like at the corpse with the lions, every time you leave and come back there was more loot