Feargus Urquhart on KOTOR II, NWN II, FO: New Vegas - Matt Chat - Part 4 (Final)

ktchong

Awesome!

Now time to make that Star Trek RPG you passed on before

I'd back that as a kickstarter.  Though I doubt kickstarter would generate enough to do a Star Trek game justice.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

They passed on a ST RPG? Where is my pitchfork.

Buried in a redshirt's chest.

• Like 3

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Trek? Where? What period? Who said? In the video? Is there a TL:DW? 

They passed on a ST RPG? Where is my pitchfork.

They start talking about Star Trek around 9:20 and a little bit later he mentions that they passed on it some time after KOTOR 2 because it wasn't relevant

• Like 2

Free games updated 3/4/21

Okay, I watched it. Don't know whether to laugh nervously or nerve-pinch myself into a coma due to the declaration of irrelevancy. I'm sure he just meant, 'slightly off-market', at that moment in time as a game producer, not hand-wavingly genre-irrelevant, prior to the Abrams era. Obviously Trek is always relevant: it's about us, not a galaxy far, far away, or long, long ago. It's us, in the future, succeeding at life. Swear to god, I'm switching to inXile Entertainment if this keeps up. But yes, please, feel free to Kickstart an epic Trek adventure. Take my money.  

All Stop. On Screen.

Awesome!

I doubt kickstarter would generate enough to do a Star Trek game justice.

I hope you're only referring to licencing fees. 

Well, yes and no, I would assume.

A good Trek game would take a lot to be done right. Plus, I highly doubt CBS would allow one of their biggest licenses to go to the groundlings. For multiple reasons.