Sound keeps cutting out

thelee

Question

[Description of the issue]

Sounds keep cutting out and only coming back after a load or some indeterminate amount of time.

[DETAILED list of steps to reproduce the issue AND what to look for]

1. Uh... play the backer beta for a while? This seems like a really obvious issue, but I didn't see it in the "known issues" list, so I thought I'd make a bug for it.

[Expected behaviour]

1. Sound keeps playing.

[Other remarks / Comments]

1. Granted, many sounds are missing. But these are sound effects that I will hear normally (spell prep, spell being cast, hits, my CHARNAME's periodic sounds) and will stop playing after a while

5 answers to this question

I have a similar issue and was just about to post about it, here's a short clipp I just recorded that kind of shows how some of my sounds have cut out after a minute or so of playing: 

Is this what you experienced?

I appear to of hear some sound when the source of the sound like the characters for footsteps or the inn is in a specific area on the screen and then it abruptly cuts out when I move the camera.

(Stealth mode at start is just from pressing Alt+F9 to start shadowplay).

Edited by limaxophobiacq

Uhhh, no, until maybe an area transition? I don't remember. I've been doing mostly testing and not saving my games because they're broken.

Mine come back somewhat randomly, but it's almost always some kind of spell or combat cue that triggers it.