[v278] Stash/dropped/sold items stuck on ground + seemingly random base for shadow

nipsen

Question

[Description of the issue]

Amassing arms and weapons, and dropping it to stash, selling it, etc., seems to be what's causing items to get stuck on the ground at some specific point at every level load.

At some point after that started to happen, the characters are followed around by shield and weapon sprites that fit with what the character had equipped earlier, but dropped into stash.

[DETAILED list of steps to reproduce the issue AND what to look for]

Not completely sure. But it seems to have happened in two separate games after emptying the inventory to stash, and after using stash as a target when looting corpses. Could be it only happens with resources that have placeholder miniature graphics.

[Expected behaviour]

[Other remarks / Comments]

Best guess - running through items list based on text, missing strings are assumed skipped in script, actual resource is loaded?

[Files]

http://www.upload.ee/files/4252130/b878ecebb2d046809435baad475dd3c5_LleaRhemen_7721194.zip.html

[special]

Edited by nipsen

The injustice must end! Sign the petition and Free the Krug!

6 answers to this question

Mm. Maybe just selling it to a merchant is causing it.

..think it could be what happens if you add any number of objects to a character inventory above the ..8 slots? You'd fill the inventory, have some referenceless object switched out, add another object. And now the inventory tries to shuffle a none-existing object somewhere else? Which.. then causes wacky things on reload? :D lol

Was a really strange thing. It is not something I can reproduce in just a few steps.

The injustice must end! Sign the petition and Free the Krug!

I've had it just entering the inn. I thought it was save/load related or a bug with the fix to formations as the items on the floor are the character's weapons/etc from the first formation slot.

Edited by Sensuki