Suggestions for Resolve.

Reading Backer Beta complaints has given me an idea for tweaking resolve to make it not only more

useful, but also allow more variation in the game. I'm not sure how workable my idea is, and I'm also not claiming its my idea per se, as attack speed was discussed as a possible ability modifier in the discussion of abilities before we knew what they did (by Sensuki, if I remember correctly, if by others as well- I don't claim to reas every thread in the forum-, I'm not trying to claim credit for your ideas, just push them).

As recovery times are a bit long and armor recovery times also very long, what if each point of resolve reduced recovery times in general by 1% and armour recovery time penalty by an additional 1%. This would make characters with a high resolve faster in general, but would also make resolve attractive to any character wanting to wear heavier armour. The difference between resolve 3 and 18 in this system would be 15% attack speed and 15% armor speed penatly reduction, meaning a mage in heavy armour would recover from casting spells 30% faster. I'll grant the numbers might be off, but I think its an interesting idea, because it would make resolve more useful for everyone, but also make armour much more useful for characters going the high resolve route.

I'm not sure about Perception. I like how penetration makes light weapons more useful. Maybe here the numbers only need to be tweaked, or perhaps as others have suggested increasing critical hits would also be useful.

Edited by forgottenlor

Me and Matt516 are working on a paper that addresses the issues with attributes backed by mathematical and logical arguments for all changes to prove the balance of our solution and arguments that it makes more character concepts and class builds viable.

We have something similar in our solution but on a different attribute. It should be out by Friday, if not sometime on the weekend :)

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 1

Me and Matt516 are working on a paper that addresses the issues with attributes backed by mathematical and logical arguments for all changes to prove the balance of our solution and arguments that it makes more character concepts and class builds viable.

We have something similar in our solution but on a different attribute. It should be out by Friday, if not sometime on the weekend :)

Sounds good. I'm looking forward to reading it!