Suggestion - Borderless Fullscreen as an option

taviow

A lot of games have been offering this option along with "Windowed" and "Fullscreen" simply because, well, it rocks in my opinion. I alt-tab a lot while playing games to respond to messages in a variety of programs or answer emails, along with other things, and it makes things for me a lot easier.

Well, it's not mandatory and sure, I will survive without it, but I'd like to please ask this to be an option if at all possible to implement at some point. :no:

• Like 1

Agreed, except I'd say it is mandatory (for a PC game in 2014). :)

I've no beef with the fact that it isn't implemented yet (as this is a Beta), but if it isn't implemented by release (no time for some reason? I have no idea if this is an easy or hard thing to implement) it should be one of the first priorities to patch it in.

Unity engine folks...

1) Go to Steam page of PoE

2) Right click > Properties > Set launch options

3) put "-popupwindow" (without the ")

4) close and start PoE

Done.

Edit: Though in-game option might be easier I suppose.

Edited by mutonizer
  • Like 2

Unity engine folks...

1) Go to Steam page of PoE

2) Right click > Properties > Set launch options

3) put "-popupwindow" (without the ")

4) close and start PoE

Done.

Thanks for the tip!

It should still be an option in the options menu though.

However if the solution isn't coded into the game it won't be available for the hard copy or GOG version.

I have this problem with Expeditions: Conquistador and the audio fix. It works as a steam startup command but I have the gog version, so gg.

Edited by Sensuki

However if the solution isn't coded into the game it won't be available for the hard copy or GOG version.

I have this problem with Expeditions: Conquistador and the audio fix. It works as a steam startup command but I have the gog version, so gg.

Adding a launch option in Steam only makes Steam pass a command line argument to the game. You can do the same thing by adding -popupwindow to a shortcut pointing to PoE's executable.

But an in-game option is obviously the best.