[v278] Cannot gather party to use area exit.

CatatonicMan

Question

[Description of the issue]

World area exit doesn't seem to work. The party is never considered to be gathered enough to transition to a new area. Only seems to be affecting the west world transition in town, as other transitions work as normal. See image.

post-50781-0-03372600-1410216784_thumb.jpg

[steps to Reproduce]

1. Start a game as a ranger with an animal companion.
  2. Try to use the Dyrford village west exit.
  3. Notice how you cannot gather the party.

[Expected Behaviour]

Area transitions should all work.

[Other Remarks / Comments]
Edited by CatatonicMan

4 answers to this question

What's that sixth member? Is that a Ranger companion or a summoned creature? Maybe it has to do with that. I've seen some weird stuff happening with transitions and summons.

You seem to be correct. The animal companion or ranger appears to be the problem.

Edited by CatatonicMan

You seem to be correct. The animal companion or ranger appears to be the problem.

I haven't used them yet, but from what I've been reading, Rangers are seriously borked right now. I'd recommend avoiding them until at least the next update.

I too have a ranger protagonist, and have serious trouble getting the party to exit areas. I'll either be told the party is not gathered, or it won't even get to that point--my party won't even trigger the attempt to exit the area despite them all swarming around the exit (e.,g., cannot go upstairs in the inn when I have a bear companion).

Edit: Attached savegame. Remove the .txt extension to use it. Note: Your admin should consider allowing us to upload files with extension .savegame :)

Try going upstairs in the Dryford Inn in the attached savegame. No matter how much I fiddle with my formation, I can't get my group to go upstairs! Guess I'll start a new game with a non-Ranger...

15d5d28788e44556a622dfcea6e44023 DracogenInn 7627218.savegame.txt

Edited by PrimeHydra

Ask a fish head

Anything you want to

They won't answer

(They can't talk)