[v278] Per-encounter abilities locked out of combat.

CatatonicMan

Question

[Description of the issue]

Per-encounter abilities are locked out of combat. They register as either "already activated" or are not regenerating once combat ends (if it's ending?). Resting, travel, and combat do not unlock them, though they do regenerate when appropriate. See images.

post-50781-0-73944500-1410214783_thumb.jpg

post-50781-0-56204000-1410216035_thumb.jpg

[steps to Reproduce]

1. Start a new game.
  2. Select the BB_Rogue and use the Crippling Strike on an ally.
  3. Repeat using the crippling strike until it locks on "already activated" or fails to regenerate at the end of combat.
[Expected Behaviour]

Per-encounter abilities should always regenerate when not in an encounter, and should not get stuck on "already activated".

[Other Remarks / Comments]

Sometimes this happens quickly, sometimes not. I've not tried testing it against normal enemies, only friendlies.

4 answers to this question

[Other Remarks / Comments]
Sometimes this happens quickly, sometimes not. I've not tried testing it against normal enemies, only friendlies.

I've seen it happen against normal enemies as well. I haven't reported it yet, as I haven't figured out a condition that triggers it. Thought I'd try to get some solid info on it but was unable to. It seems to be quite random.

Hello all,

Thanks for the feedback. This should be related to a known issue where, when using various activated attack abilities, if you are interrupted, knocked down, out, or otherwise incapable of completing the attack, the ability will remain permanently in an active state.

This is something we are working hard to resolve.

Thank you all for the support during the backer beta!  :sorcerer:

I would also like to add that you can actually cheat yourself out of a buff by targeting a unit (which begins the combat state, which allows buffs to be cast), cast a buff and then have that character cancel their action ... perhaps not deliberately, such as change to a movement action instead and the spell is cast but the buff is not applied due to the combat state having ended.