Choosing spells in your Grimoire...

wanderon

I am wondering about this - I have not played a PC wizard yet (my least favorite class) but when trying to choose spells for BB wizards Grimoire I noticed some spells seem to be restricted - you can't choose to put as many as you wish in their given space.

Two spells that act this way:

3rd Level "magic missle" (I forget the proper PoE name for it) - I can only "learn" one of these - no matter if I clear all four spaces it will only allow me to place one MM

3rd Level Fireball - I can only learn two of these - again no matter how many open slots I have the game only allows me to place 2.

My question would be - does anyone know if this is by design or a bug?

Edited by wanderon

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

I've not played a WIzard yet either, but isn't the fact you can put more than one spell of each level into the Grimoire the actual bug? Ah, I see Sensuki responded as I'm typing this. Yeah, so you have no need of putting more than one copy of a particular spell in that level.

• Like 1

You can only learn one of them because the amount of spells you can cast is per spell level, not per spell. Like the Sorcerer in D&D.

So why can I only choose 1 MM if I can choose 2 Fireballs (same level) 

Hahah I'm everywhere!

And yeah you shouldn't be able to put two fireballs in your grimoire I don't think.

I'll add it to my notepad, go start a bug report and I'll make a video for you.

Edited by Sensuki

So I can cast as many spells per level as my character level permits but I am limited to 4 spell choices to work from? Is that regardless of caster level?

Seems to be, although we haven't seen a whole lot of levels yet. You can change the spell loadout at any time (although if you do it during combat, you'll lose the ability to cast. Not sure for how long. I think until after combat ends).

So I can cast as many spells per level as my character level permits but I am limited to 4 spell choices to work from? Is that regardless of caster level?

Seems to be, although we haven't seen a whole lot of levels yet. You can change the spell loadout at any time (although if you do it during combat, you'll lose the ability to cast. Not sure for how long. I think until after combat ends).

Oh I figured it was like a D&D mage or Sorcerer and you had to rest to replenish??

Oh I figured it was like a D&D mage or Sorcerer and you had to rest to replenish??

The closest analogue is Pathfinder's Arcanist. Essentially you select spells to memorize, and can cast from that list if you have spell slots available.

IMO, Wizards should get more spells known on level up.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands