Wow!! Think of the replay value!

Can you imagine the replay value this game has?

As i see it in the most basic veiw your have 4 seperate ways of play.

Kotor 1 ending: LS

1.) Play as LS

2.) Play as DS

Kotor 1 ending: DS

3.) Play as LS

4.) Play as DS

And thats not taking into account any of the possible side quest for prestige classes, or any other small variations to the story when you are asked questions about how Kotor 1 ended.

It would depend on how much affect your KotOR1 LS/DS status affects KotOR:TSL.

If all it affects is in game info... and doesn't affect missions, encounters, etc... it's not going to really add that much other than "fluff".

It would depend on how much affect your KotOR1 LS/DS status affects KotOR:TSL.

If all it affects is in game info... and doesn't affect missions, encounters, etc... it's not going to really add that much other than  "fluff".

Well lets all hope that what happened in the first game, has a serious affect on the world we will be playing in Kotor:TSL .

To bad we can't load our revan from the first game as an available option, then they wouldn't need ask us any questions, the game would automatically know what things revan did in the past, and would also help to excellerate the begining of TSL, you could then jump right into the game.

I'm hoping our "choices" will have a real affect on the game, going so far as to alter who or what you encounter, what missions are available, and possibly affecting the plot itself.

To bad we can't load our revan from the first game as an available option, then they wouldn't need ask us any questions, the game would automatically know what things revan did in the past, and would also help to excellerate the begining of TSL, you could then jump right into the game.

I wonder why they can't.

I'd think it would be as easy as loading up a save game.

Maybe they can't because Bioware did the first one? <guess>

I wonder why they can't.

I don't think that would be a problem, since they are using the 1st Kotor engine, which was created by bioware, I'm sure they had to licence it. All they would need to get is the journal entries. And I beleive bioware is working with them on this project in some form or another.

http://www.bioware.com/bioware_info/press_...ianPartnership/

They might have chose this route so you wouldn't "have" to play KotOR to be able to shape what occured in that story.

Or if you only played it one way (LS or DS) you wouldn't have to replay it just to change the setting in KotOR:TSL.

I doubt they'll have anything more than surface differences. They'll probably find some way to funnel the LS and DS endings of KOTOR into one outcome, and simply have a few dialogue changes to reflect your decisions.

If I'm wrong, though, I'll be very pleasently surprised.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

They might have chose this route so you wouldn't "have" to play KotOR to be able to shape what occured in that story.

Or if you only played it one way (LS or DS) you wouldn't have to replay it just to change the setting in KotOR:TSL.

I think it would be a great "option", but not a requirement, just a way to speed the jump into TSL, for those of use that played Kotor:1

Can you imagine the replay value this game has?

As i see it in the most basic veiw your have 4 seperate ways of play.

Kotor 1 ending: LS

1.) Play as LS

2.) Play as DS

Kotor 1 ending: DS

3.) Play as LS

4.) Play as DS

And thats not taking into account any of the possible side quest for prestige classes, or any other small variations to the story when you are asked questions about how Kotor 1 ended.

That was my complaint as well. There is just no replay value with KotOR.

Heh, several at the Bioware forums told that they played trough it about 10-30 times ;)

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I wonder why they can't.

Unfortunately, there's technical reasons why we couldn't do it. Because the save games from the first game were not designed with this goal in mind, there's no way for us to load up a save game from KotOR1 to pull information from without having all of the KotOR1 data (areas, textures, models, modules, etc.) stored in KotOR2. And we'd rather use all that space for making KotOR2 content. :)

Not to mention that we've changed the file format to better accomidate what we need to do, so our code wouldn't be able to load KotOR1 saves even if the old game's data was also included with KotOR2.

-Akari

I wonder why they can't.

I don't think that would be a problem, since they are using the 1st Kotor engine, which was created by bioware, I'm sure they had to licence it.

not to mention all the content from KOTOR1.

it would be impossible for Obsidian to do KOTOR2 without full rights to KOTOR1 story and characters. that's not to say that Obsidian will necessarily have a free hand (they probably have to run the story past the publishers for approval), but that worrying about using Revan, Bastila, et al, won't be an issue.

dumber than a bag of hammers