The single thing that would make you happier with POE.

Kronos

Okay,

I thought about this and many people have loads and loads of positive and negative comments to make based on their experience with the Beta. I've put it into perspective that in most areas of the game there is a healthy debate where people are disagreeing with each other. The developers won't be able to implement sweeping changes before release but they will be able to implement a healthy amount change and I'm sure they are paying some notice to the discussions.

It'd be nice if there was a topic where people could share the "ONE" area of the game that if enhanced would make the game more enjoyable to them personally. Please don't comment on the suggestions of others and just share your own personal suggestion politely without saying why your suggestion is better than somebody else's.

NB: try to elaborate a little bit on your point by saying how that area of the game doesn't currently satisfy you and how it could be enhanced, as briefly as possible of course.

Here goes:

I'd like the 2D art assets area to be beefed up as it currently feels a little light and the character/item screens don't look very attractive; mainly item pencil sketches to be implemented, and character/inventory screens beautified with 2D paper dolls. This for me brings an element of nostalgia to POE and reminds me of the old IE games; it would certainly make me feel happier.

Edited by Kronos

Character creation:

- feats. perks etc.

- some change to stats:

Might: melee damages

Resolve: concentration and heal

Dexterity: accuracy (which would be/feel critical for range)

Perception: maybe some %crits??

With some meaningful tiers to them. For instance if you get one stat to 20, you get a neat perk àla Arcanum.

- Having more say on your starting skills for some classes: druid, priest etc.

I don't think every priest is just as good as any other priest in one spell or one category of spell. 

- and a shop ending character creation where you can buy your starting equipment.

• Like 1

Mechanical improvements to the combat, mostly lots of small light touch ups.

Runner up: Far more detailed and accurate character panels/item descriptions.

Honorable Mention: Seriously tone back the poison/dot effects.  Either make dots only effect stamina not health (preferred change), halve their damage, or halve their duration.

Combat. As it is, combat is pretty wonky and DoTs are horrendously overpowered.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Better pc models and use them as pc icon as an alternative to portraits.

(The game already feels a lot as a spiritiual successor to IE games. Heck, even Dragon Age felt as a spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate for me).

Oi, don't compare that piece of **** to Baldur's Gate. :bat:

• Like 2

Better pc models and use them as pc icon as an alternative to portraits.

(The game already feels a lot as a spiritiual successor to IE games. Heck, even Dragon Age felt as a spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate for me).

Oi, don't compare that piece of **** to Baldur's Gate. :bat:

Baldur's Gate was pretty bad. Play BGT without any AI mods(which is a waste of time, tbh) and the difference in quality going from BG to BG2 is pretty startling.

Currently playing BGT-BWP with SCS right now and without the enhanced AI and encounters, the BG section would be pretty boring.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Reactive fish AI.

But seriously - Larger, more seamless, more functional, more aesthetically thematic UI, especially item pop-up windows and main screen control buttons (camping etc). It could be almost a straight rip-off of BG/IWD and I would be much happier than I am now. 

• Like 1

Baldur's Gate was pretty bad. Play BGT without any AI mods(which is a waste of time, tbh) and the difference in quality going from BG to BG2 is pretty startling.

I'm afraid we're going to have to put you down, old boy.

• Like 1

"You're a fool if you believe I would trust your benevolence. Step aside and you and your lackeys will be unhurt."

Baldur's Gate portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale 2 portraits for Pillars of Eternity

[slap Aloth]